ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ok, im going to sound like a absolute goon now

172 cup 10/04/10>
im hoping to fit some coilover this weekend to my cup,

my question is, how do you adjust the height,

reason im asking, ive googled a few sites,

some are sayin, twist the bottom of the strut to adjust the height, and leave the locking collars alone, something or other to do with preload?

in my head i pressume you lower the spring collar to lower the car , then lock with 2nd collar?

does this mean the stiffness is just that off the spring? or can you still preload them?

sorry to sound like a right hand man but im confused, id proberbly be ok with them in front of me,

btw they will either be ktecs or fk/ktr's

You said it yourself mate easy to understand with them infront if you though sounds like your getting quite excited as I would be too lol. I just used to spin them to where I wanted then turn them opposite directions to lock. Not sure what you mean about the preloading though the tension on the spring obviously depends on the height you go for. I found it best just finding a day to mess about with them plan a good route and just keep adjusting until you are happy with looks/performance.