ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ok got my 17’s now I wanna..........

Audi S3 225

I want to get my car lowered cos its got better off roading capabilities than a land rover:)

Im gonna lower it but need some advice, how much should I lower my car by and what manufactureres do u recommend? Plus I read something about lowering the torsoin bar, as kits only have 2 springs??

any help will be much appreciated, thx

lower it atleast 35mm, not sure if i can lower it more with the wide arches or not. pi,avo, spax make -35mm kits. yea is only front springs. its a torsion bar that need to be adjusted on the back. u can either pay to have this done or do it urself. been a post recently about doing it urself. going to b giving it a go my self in a month or so probably.

people with 16vs b much more help i know!

Pete

hmm, Pete, His profile says he has a Mk2 Clio... (9:cool:

Fred has 17s on his Dynamique and lowered it 60mm... Dont think he has problems at all..

You should have springs all round.. no torsion bar on the new Clios.

Daz.

Audi S3 225

I have a mk2 clio 1.4 2001 model, i think its mk2 maybe a mk3 dunno?, its the old shape!

Anyway, just been out in my car and the steering is all over the show, plus I had some bad scrabbing at the back, I forgot to take the plastic gaurds out, they out now, and its all good.

Im gonna order some springs and lower it 35 mm as I dont wanna get the arches done, and hopefully get down a garage 2moro mornign and get my tracking sorted.

thx

Lionel Richie

you dont need to take the arches out on a 1998 onwards clio even on a 60mm drop (dont get 35mm, it doesnt look that low)

Audi S3 225

The front plastic gaurds seem ok, it was just the back ones, Oh well they out now. If i lower it 60mm, will it rub if i have people in the back and will i be able to go over road humps etc? My bumpers are all standard.

Lionel Richie

Yep as long as your wheels are the right offset (do you know what offset yours are??? ET??)

I Run ET37 17s on a 60mm drop, i can carry 4 passengers (my fat mates!!!) and me driving (with a sub and false floor in the boot) the tyres go up in the arches, but no scrubbing!!!!!!

Audi S3 225

OMG!!!!!! I need help bad, I took my car to the garage this morning and they told me that the tracking is fine. So i aint got a cluw why the hell my car keeps pulling to the left, its a proper mission to drive while at speed. My mate said to me that it may be something to do with the balancing???? Wot is this and will it fix it?

Also how do i find out wot offset my wheels are, cos when i oreded thjem they asked wot car i had, year, model etc and that was it, got em couple days later.

Im having all this traouble and i aint even got it lowered yet!

Lionel Richie

The offset should be stamped on the back of them somewhere (mine is stamped on the rim on the back) ET?? should be ET 37 + or - 3

Were the wheels balanced??? By this i mean do you have little metal weights stuck to the inside of the rim?????

Audi S3 225

Ok m8 just had a quick look outside at my wheels, I can see small weights on the inside of them, so i guess this means they have already been balanced. i couldnt see the et cos its well dark and it was cold. ill look tomoro morining, thx m8 for helping, l8rs