ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK Got a nail in my tyre

Silver 182 F/F
Just noticed that i've got a nail in my rear off-side tyre,i've allways bought a new tyre when i get a puncture but the rear tyres are like new and only done a couple of thousand miles so thought about a repair.

But does anyone know if puncture repairs make the tyre more likley to blow out or once repaired are they as good as new.

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Should be fine as long as its in the area they can fix. As they are only speed V rated most places will mend, some refuse on higher speed rated ones.

Silver 182 F/F
I just remember years ago that i was either told or watched something on TV never to do a puncture repair on cars with any sort of performance but i guess technology may have changed.

Plus the Police never used to repair there tyres they always swapped for new ones,but then again they have more money than me.

So Rich should be OK

106 GTi
I picked up a puncture on the Toyos I had on my 205 GTi a week after buying them, and decided to get it fixed. Knew they would only last 6K so knew I would not have to live with them for long.

Like youy say all comes down to how big your wallet is!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
when i had a puncture repaired on my old motorbike i was told it's fine but don't do a trackday with it because it gets to hot on track and melts the glue that holds the plug in, but for the road it's fine but if you can afford £100 for a new tyre get one and give me the old one :D