ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil temp guage

172 cup'd extreme
either a sandwich plate between the oil filter and block, it used a valver combined temp sensor and level sensor fits straight into the oil level slot , i cant fit a sandwich plate as i have an oil cooler

tiTTy & SV650
you can get one which is built into a cap or something IIRC do a search Iain as Ally was going on about this over a year ago.

M3 & Clio Cup racer
16v jon we make all sorts of sandwich plates, do you know what make yours is and whether it has a built in thermostat? If not you could replace yours for one which has the 2 cooler ports and an extra tapping for taking a gauge.
For anyone else, we manufacture a plate to go between the filter and block ( or water to oil cooler if you have one fitted) that will enable the fitment of 1 or 2 gauges. Make sure that you will still have sufficient room to change your filter as these asre just over 1" thick. Let me know if you have your gauges and if so what sender or probe they have and i'll sort out the rest. Alternatively we can supply mechanical oil pressure and temperature gauges in either black or white face.

172 cup'd extreme
Mine is a mocal sandwich plate with thermostat, team think... what do your cars average on track oil temp wise? mine usually runs a steady 100c going flat out accross 2 hours

M3 & Clio Cup racer
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you i only tend to look at the for sale and wanted sections!
Our cars tend to run at @ 110 oC. 100 is absolutely spot on. Difficult to fit a gauge to yours though as normally we build it in to where the thermostat part lives. We could put an in line one in to one of the cooler hoses but bare in mind you won't get a reading until the stat opens at about 80-85oC. We could always stack another plate on top of the existing plate but i don't know if this would take the filter too close to the rad.
We could always weld a take off in to the sump so that you could take the temp there. We probably have a spare sump kicking around that we could do on exchange basis but i can't remember how easy the sump is to change in situ.