ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil temp and pressure

172/1.2/E30
Oil temp sensor instead of the sump bolt, pressure sensor where the original sensor sits and a sandwichplate for the oil cooler.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I've already got a tee off the pressure sensor location for the turbo oil feed. Also, not too sure about the temp sensor in place of the sump plug.

Yeah someone suggested that to me - but madness. It'd get smashed off on track and you'd dump your oil everywhere

Use a sandwich plate or drill the sump and weld a boss in for a temp sensor

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the sandwich plate for the sensors and then a take-off plate for a cooler. That's what I'll be doing :)

SQ5
Me too when I get round to it.

You could probably drill and tap the sandwich plate for oil cooler if needed be too.

172/1.2/E30
The lowest part sticking out of the sump is only the electrical contact. If you use a proper sensor (VDO) it has a predetermined breaking point to prevent the sensor itself from getting ripped out.

Evo
Mocal sandwich plates have two cooler pipe outlets and two smaller sensor take offs to accommodate all. Expensive though!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Mocal sandwich plates have two cooler pipe outlets and two smaller sensor take offs to accommodate all. Expensive though!

I looked at them but as Phil says they don't come on the thermostatic one which makes sense as they would only work when up to temp.

Think the sump idea is what is going to happen and then try and take another feed off the OE pressure sensor that will also accommodate my turbo oil feed.

Clio Cup Racer
You get splitters too but Ive only seen a 2 way not a 3 way which you would need for oil feed plus temp plus pressure.

How about the oil level hole? You would lose your oil level on the dash but do you need it? Im using that for oil pressure.

Dont do anything using the sump plug, as mentioned it could get smashed off but I did this on a old XR2 and it was a right pain for leaking and oil changes.

225 powered mk2
steve, Dont do the sump plug idea... I had it on mine, even tho my car is slammed, Ive caught it stupid amounts of times and caused it to come lose, but now ive got rid and just got a normal sump plug in there and highered the car. upto you though :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
You get splitters too but Ive only seen a 2 way not a 3 way which you would need for oil feed plus temp plus pressure.

How about the oil level hole? You would lose your oil level on the dash but do you need it? Im using that for oil pressure.

Dont do anything using the sump plug, as mentioned it could get smashed off but I did this on a old XR2 and it was a right pain for leaking and oil changes.

steve, Dont do the sump plug idea... I had it on mine, even tho my car is slammed, Ive caught it stupid amounts of times and caused it to come lose, but now ive got rid and just got a normal sump plug in there and highered the car. upto you though :)

Sump plug idea is a no go for this reason.

Got another idea which I'm working on just now. Might work out but we'll see.