ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil scraper ring needed, urgent replies please

Clio 172
Hi guys n gals need some help, where can I get an oil scraper ring for the f4r 172 engine in chelmsford essex
thanks

quick replies would be great thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm guessing broken one of a set. You'll have to get yourself at least a single piston set really. I've never seen them available individually

Clio 172
Thanks i found some cheers guys good ole ebay! Yh mechanic says i may as well change all 4 when he stripped the engine, on one cylinder it had the top oil scraper missing! Bit strange but there we go hence the mass smoking and normal compression! Does anyone know how to sort the cam timing on the same engine?

Clio 172
Thanks, does that specific kit need to be used or can it be done using other certain tools that will suit? and how can it be done, all im wondering is are there grooves/lines that can be matched up on the cogs?