ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil rings?

Clio 182
I have a 2005 182... Why don't the oil rings on the dash indicate how much oil I have? My mates 172 does...

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
what does it say on yours ? are you getting ------

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You trying it on a flat surface? And has it defo got enough oil in?

They aren't accurate anyway so go with what the dipstick says and ignore the dash

Clio 182
You trying it on a flat surface? And has it defo got enough oil in?

They aren't accurate anyway so go with what the dipstick says and ignore the dash

Yeh ever since I've had it it has never shown a reading?? Just reads oil ok all the time...

Clio 182
Hold on, you have to press the trip computer button whilst it is displaying "oil ok" to bring up the level display. Are you doing that?

Nope didn't know you had to do that?? So when it says oil ok I press the button on the end of the stalk?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
turn the car on , if it is level you will see OIL OK , next press the trip button which is below the speedo dial, next to the oil message.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
its good to get used to pressing the the trip everytime you get in to see what the oil level is. on mine it is fairly accurate

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
turn the car on , if it is level you will see OIL OK , next press the trip button which is below the speedo dial, next to the oil message.
Actually you maybe right, is it the trip computer button you press, or the reset button on the dials? Its been a while since I've owned a 172