ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil return on F4Rt

Laguna MK2 F4Rt-764
Hello,

I am considering installing an oil catch can on my Laguna mk2 with F4Rt-764, since I don't like the oil going to the intake. I realize I can buy (or make) a catch can which I will - as the name suggests - catch the oil and will have to be periodically emptied. However, I have a dead Laguna mk1 at my disposal which happens to have an oil/air separator box which filters air and oil from the breather hose. Thing is that the mk1 solution doesn't accumulate oil but directly returns it to the oil sump. That would be my preferable option but I want to know if there is suitable way to set up some kind of an oil return to the sump on F4Rt. Maybe there is some line I can splice into or anything? Any help is appreciated.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Thing is on a turbo motor that box is going to see pressure and vacuum, and chances are whatever valve is built in can't handle that.
You'd probably throw a load of boost into the crank case and f**k the engine over if you attempted to install it.

Laguna MK2 F4Rt-764
Thing is on a turbo motor that box is going to see pressure and vacuum, and chances are whatever valve is built in can't handle that.
You'd probably throw a load of boost into the crank case and f**k the engine over if you attempted to install it.

Is this also the case if my catch can will not be connected to the intake pipe? The air would just be vented away and the breather hole on the intake pipe would be plucked

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Should be alrite, but then you'll need to check an open breather setup won't draw in air at idle.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Here's a photo of the setup on my R26. It goes into Mocal catch can and then to ITG breather filter down behind the headlight.

It shouldn't collect that much as mine barely has enough oil to line the bottom after 8k miles.

IMG_8533_zpsxex4zi5o.jpg