ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil pressure sensor

clio 182FF
So i have been researching the threads and found that my problem of an intermittent oil pressure and stop light while driving even with a full dipstick and computer reading is usually down to this sensor.

I should hopefully be getting the sensor tomorrow and was just asking for any advice / tips / things to avoid or make sure i do while carrying this out.

The oil pressure sensor is the green coloured socket to the immediate left of the oil filter from what i have read, plugged into the alternator it seems at the other end. so yeh if anyone has any advice on getting to it easily or similar that would be a great help. Think i read on one thread a 22mm deep socket is needed?

Thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
no.1 knock sensor
no.2 oil pressure
no.3 oil level

Picture004-1.gif

clio 182FF
Thanks mate, that was the one i was thinking so at least i have got that bit right - infact when searching this was one of the photos i had found! :) Did you have the same problem or have any experience in swapping the part over? If i remeber correctly from your thread you changed all the sensors in the end just to be sure of no more problems

thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Once the fuel rail was off it was not too bad to be honest.
I done an oil change also so the filter was out the way.

Once i changed all mine the lights never came on again but i would look also at the wiring to make sure its not rubbing off anything of that its not split / cracked or snapped. I put insulating tape over all mine just to stop it rubbing off anything just incase there was going to be a problem in the future

clio 182FF
its funny you mention tape as i can see there is electrical tape on the little wire from the oil pressure sensor to the main loom. I am assuming this has been added additionally then at some point? Probably was a dodgy wire before i got it or soemthing, havent been able to get it off or check yet as i couldnt squeeze my hand in there to have a look! Sorry if its a stupid question but the the fuel rail the metal block that is on the front of the engine? for some reason i thought that was the inlet plenum lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its a metal block thats held in with 3 bolts in the front. I can't recall what size they are but once they are off you can get your hands into the lot.

clio 182FF
Its a metal block thats held in with 3 bolts in the front. I can't recall what size they are but once they are off you can get your hands into the lot.

excellent, thanks for the help, much appreciated :). I always want to do stuff like this myself as i learn more and save myself some money but im always a bit worried of ruining something!