ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Pressue Light only above idle

Clio
Hi

My Clio 182 will put the oil pressure and stop warning lights on if the engine raises above around 1,000 rpm.

I am hoping it is a sensor fault but if it were wouldn't the light be on all the time?

Thanks,

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Sensor should only trigger on low oil pressure so would not expect it to trigger when revved as oil pressure should increase ? I would replace it and go from there. If worried hook up an oil pressure gauge and see whats going on.

Clio
Hi

Yes that's what I would expect, so would ha e thought it would come on at idle as well. However it only comes on if the engine goes above 1000 rpm and then it will stay on.

I will replace the sensor and report back. Are there any recommended brands or is this one of those parts to only get from a Renault dealer / Ktec etc?

Thanks,

Clio
Hi

Looking at stockists of the oil pressure switch, is it right that I need the 0.5 bar rated sensor?

Is Facet an OEM spec part as well to save going to a Renault dealer?

Thanks

Clio
Hi

I resorted getting a genuine 172 / 182 oil pressure switch from RPD. I have installed it however before doing so I compared it to the one which came off the car.

Why does the old switch have a bigger diameter hole in it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190411_183528.jpg
    20190411_183528.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 165