ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil loss

1.2 Clio Dynamique
Hi guys
So I have a 2004 1.2 16v dynamique and I've done just under 2000miles in it. Not long after getting it, I done an oil service on it. I know I put in the correct amount and have checked for leaks. I've lost around about 2ltrs and had to top it up last Friday, checked it again this morn. And needed another half litre. Any ideas. Cam cover has light misting but not nearly the same as I am losing.
Help!

That’s a good sign, although the oil must be burning if it’s not leaking anywhere. Just double check the sump plug and oil filter are tight enough

Put a large piece of cardboard underneath the car when you park it up for the night and see if anything is dripping out overnight.

FWIW my valver used to do 1litre per 1000 miles IIRC.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The head gaskets rarely go on these but always worth checking for oil mayo. Anything round the sump seal?

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
From personal experience I'd put it down to the joys of French car ownership. If it's not visibly coming from the rocker cover gasket and its def not mayo on the dip stick I'd suggest it could be losing oil through the valve stem oil seals?

worth looking to see if your air intake shows evidence of oil as your engine will happily dump oil here through a breather pipe (unless that's just 172s?)

Hi guys
So I have a 2004 1.2 16v dynamique and I've done just under 2000miles in it. Not long after getting it, I done an oil service on it. I know I put in the correct amount and have checked for leaks. I've lost around about 2ltrs and had to top it up last Friday, checked it again this morn. And needed another half litre. Any ideas. Cam cover has light misting but not nearly the same as I am losing.
Help!

What oil did you put in it?

Cheers,

Guy