ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Light - PH1 172 - Problem

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Had a few issues lately with the car starting lately. I replaced the battery but it didnt want to start....

After 1.5 hours of pissing about it started :S

Anyways! I now notice the oil light is on when i turn the ignition on, but when i start the car it goes out straight away?

Bloody car :dapprove:

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
What lights are ment to be displayed before turning over thew engine?

I seem to have more than expected :(

LY 182
thats how its supposed to be - its an oil pressure light ie if it has no oil pressure the light comes on.

and obviously when its not running it has no oil pressure.

its when it comes on whilst running you need to worry

same exact story with the battery light, that will be on untill its running and the alternator is turning

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
thats how its supposed to be - its an oil pressure light ie if it has no oil pressure the light comes on.

and obviously when its not running it has no oil pressure.

its when it comes on whilst running you need to worry

same exact story with the battery light, that will be on untill its running and the alternator is turning

Strange it never did it before... Only when i put this new battery on?

LY 182
all cars do it, not just amognst the clios its how oil pressure switches work.
if it dosn't come on the system isnt working

LY 182
oil light - on with ignition, turns off when pressure reached ie engine running
battery light - on with ignition, turns off when the battery is charging (alternator turning, engine running)
abs light(if fitted) on with ignition, start vehicle turns off after 1.5 seconds
airbag light on with ignition, off after 2 or 3 seconds then repeats after engine start
shift light same near enough as airbag