ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil light flashing!

liquidized RacingBlue 182
got my oil light flashing! seems to do it randomly wen i park wierd but on flat surface its fine! thats ok ima replace all oil and filter now tomoro..... what oil shood i use, im not looking at the cheapest nor the most expensive just decent enough will do me and i wanna change the filter.....

so what oil shood i get and how much will it cost and where will i buy the filter and how much do they cost??? thanks Craig

ST
Yeah thats because the oil will run to the side of the sump thats nearest to the ground if the car is parked on a kerb/pavement etc, so the oil level sensor thinks theres no oil left in the sump.

You want some elf excellium or some silkolene 5w40 fully synthetic.

Cheers, Alan.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I take it you've checked to make sure the engines not empty?

liquidized RacingBlue 182
yeh its fine im just gonna empty and replace tho!!! its not flashing no more just think its time to replace! so how much this pil gonna cost and can i pick up from halfords etc?

RB 182
I rang Renault the other day to see what to put in my 172, they told me they put 10w40 in everything, and thats what we use at Ford so i put that in! Shouldnt i have done? It was free, but i also had some 5w40 but they said that was too thin!

I rang Renault the other day to see what to put in my 172, they told me they put 10w40 in everything, and thats what we use at Ford so i put that in! Shouldnt i have done? It was free, but i also had some 5w40 but they said that was too thin!

5-40 or 10-40 fine in the 172 5-40 protects down to minus 25 rarther than -20 that the 10-40 does and it also portects more when cold but the difference isn't noticibale its 10 years down the line you'd see the difference maybe.

Any half decent modern oil will do unless you plan to keep it 20 years?

It's a mildly powerful NA 2.0, not a fookin' F1 car ;)