ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Leaks. I have several.

Ph1 172.
Main leak is suspected to be the rear main oil seal.

They also said there was a very slight leak from the camshaft and they think the gearbox input shaft.

They suggested trying a sealant to rejuvenate any leaking seals in the short term but I personally I would like to get them fixed.

I was to get the main rear leak sorted and I could get the camshaft seal done at the same time as the belts in a couple of months time, however I have no idea how much to expect it to cost. Can anybody give an indication as to what to expect?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Add together the price of a clutch and the price of a cambelt change and thats about right.

Ph1 172.
It's not going to be a cheap visit to the garage is it. That's what I had feared. A clucth replacement is around £480 and a belt/dephaser replacement is £500. Good thing I get my redundancy payout on Friday.