ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leaked from both shocks

182 (Conversion)
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help.

On the car ('54 Clio) is FK coilovers (non-adjustable, bar height) I think they're the High-Sport. When I've had the wheels off a few months ago I noticed both inner arch areas to have a bit of oil, along with the actual suspension units to be oily.

I jacked the car up over the weekend to try to diagnose another problem and noticed when the wheel was off the ground it was worryingly easy to lift/compress the wheel and suspension unit by wobbling it by hand (somethings broken). I can only assume the shocks have been leaking oil over time and have recently become "critical".

Does anyone know if these are serviceable shocks, I can't seem to find much info on this.

Also the shocks seem pretty easy to remove, IIRC two main bolts and the turret bolt - then just remove (or does more have to be removed)?

Any help appreciated, this car is being ruined by poor handling and is starting to make me hate it before I've even bonded with it.

TrackCar & F30 330d
You have to remove the top mount nut through the engine bay. very easy though.

I have no idea about if the shocks are serviceable but i allways thought that coilover rubuilds are quite expensive and it may be cheaper to buy a new set. Could be wrong.
:)