ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak...

Renaultsport Clio182
My 182 appears to have a oil leak coming from the rocker cover, looks to be comin from the bolts which tighten it down. Just wondering, do the bolts have a rubber (or the like) seal?

Is there a simple fix people use for this? Would prefer to just get new seals for it but don't think you can buy them separate? No really wanting to buy a full gasket kit just for a few rubber seals

cheers guys!

It's a silicone gasket. You can take each bolt out one at at time and put a bead of silicone around them. But ideally it needs to come off and be resealed when the belts are being done.

Renaultsport Clio182
Done now, done ma belts for £200 so can't complain! So aye, just take the bolts out n slap bit silicone on them should fix it?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
When mine was in at SWR all my rocker was sealed as it was leaking badly.

The only reason I noticed this is cause it was bright green sealer that was used as it was not there before

481B56BD-361F-41A1-B0CF-A3DC3C74EA74-9495-0000057AFEDAC1B7.gif

F6EFF6F7-D0F4-4543-9C04-882373996937-9495-0000057AF45E507E.gif