ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil leak

hi all,

on the way home from work today, noticed the car making a horrible noise, sounded like loose plastic being knocked around the engine bay. got home and got out the car and noticed a nice long trail of oil coming from the back of the car. looked under the car and there is a small pool of oil dripping from a circle in the plastic at the bottom of the engine.

any ideas what this could be?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
cars hot at the moment but the electric reader says it's fine. i haven't checked the dipstick yet, but will pop out in abit and check it.

If it was my car I'd be out there now, forget "In abit".

Never trust that electronic reader... if you're losing oil you need to pull the dipstick and identify exactly where the leak is coming from as dead engines/gearboxes are easily made from situations like this.

checked the dipstick and the oil has pretty much all gone. i only filled it with oil a month or two ago so i guess it's that?

done that, no sign of oil anywhere. no idea where it can be coming from. nevermind, it's getting recovered to garage tomorrow.