ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak form exhaust manifold studs?

Clio 172
Hello,
On my 2001 clio 172 i noticed an oil leak near the exhaust manifold. Firstly i sealed the plenum area as this was the area i initially
thought it was coming from. On further inspection it seems to be coming from the exhaust manifold studs. Exhaust gasket has been changed but
it still leaks from the studs...

My question is: how do i resolve this? i thougt it was a simple bolt going into the head but apparantly it has an open connection with the oil?

Many thanks in advance for your time and answer!

Clio 172
I already did...its really coming from the studs. Or does it leak internally from the rocker cover to the studs?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No unless you've made a real f**king mess of one of the stud holes in the head.

172 Rally Car
Unless you have some kind of major valve stem oil seal issue then it can only really be the rocker gasket

Clio 172
Well i am going to measure compression today to get an idea of the condition of the engine. If readings are bad i am going to put another engine in...

Clio 172
measured compression, all in 200 psi range. Initially one was at 80 psi so probably piston ring hat was stuck. Poored some ATF in the hole an had my neighbour start te car up. Immediatly pressure went up to spec. After this i assembled the manifold back and went for a ride. When i came back rechecked compression again and still ok so guess the ring was stuck and is now free (fingers crossed).