ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak...AGAIN!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Woke up this morning to a patch of oil under my car (a 182) again!

Not long had the sump changed (Cracked sump) - Didn't have the time to do it myself so got it done at the garage I bought the car from as it was on the way to get stuff done before my warrenty ran out that I noticed the initial leak.

As the garage was pretty sh*tty with me I have made full use of the 30 days payment terms and was gonna pay them a week late out of principle (was due to be paid the 28th Oct).

Haven't had the chance to have a proper look as was on my way to work this morning and had my suit on.

Obviously in quite a good bargaining position if it's them messing up the sump change that's causing it as I'm yet to pay ;)

Will have a look tonight so hopefully something simple that's gone wrong!

Reminds me why I hate using garages on the odd occasion I do as I don't know exactly what they've done to it - Atleast when you've done it yourself you can be confident the job's been done right!

Anyone got any ideas as to what the garage could've done wrong to make it leak?

David

Ford Puma
Was the replacement a brand new one? Defo find out as they will try and save a few quid and give you a refurbed one maybe?

I'd defo make sure its all 100% sorted. Its things like this that really annoy me with some garages especially when you see the peopel that will be working on your car.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
I know what you mean - you get charged top dollar for labour yet they'll have some usually useless apprentice doing the work!

Gonna have a good inspection of it tonight hopefully (weather dependant).

So glad I've not paid yet ;)

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Gonna check where abouts the leak is as the sump plug would be an obvious place lol.

Garage is out of town so hopefully it is that and I'll just do an oil change myself to fix it.

Lionel Richie
overtightened the sump bolts crushing the gasket causing a leak, easily done, they're a t**t to do

CX-7,westfield,ix20
^^Cheers, Never thought of that one.

Will definetly be going back if that's the case!!

Ideal that I've not paid yet as if it is that and they refuse to take responsibility and fix it they simply WON'T get paid lol.

Typical garage...very helpful when they are trying to get your money but magically not so helpful once they've got it lol.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
I hope so to lol!

I asked for the old sump back to make sure that they weren't bullshitting me as I agreed to get the work done over the phone to make sure they weren't bullsh*tting me about the crack and was charged for a new gasket.

Would have to be rougher than a rough thing to replace the sump and not the gasket!

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
could you tell me how much it cost you to have the sump changed? if you dont mind, ive got exactly the same problem a cracked sump and im just wondering how much its going to cost me?

Thanks in advance

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Zero so far as I've not paid lol

But got the bill for £225 + VAT sitting here.

Sump is fairly expensive if I remember right! £135 + VAT or there abouts + a tenner or so for the gasket.

David