ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil gauge not working

Hi,

I just changed my POV spec dials on my 1.2 to a set off a 1.6 (i believe) just as it looks better.
So everything connected ignition on and works fine. As soon as i turn the car over to start it, the oil level (might be temp/pressure) indicator just shuts off and doesn't work.
Any ideas?
the pic shows it with just the ignition on but car not running.
TIA
Clocks1.jpg

renault clio 1.4 16v
the sensors may be running different resistances mate, cant always just chop and change clusters, gauges and sensors are usually paired, there may be enough trim to correct any error, but you will have to fiddle

the sensors may be running different resistances mate, cant always just chop and change clusters, gauges and sensors are usually paired, there may be enough trim to correct any error, but you will have to fiddle
Thanks for replying, i understand what you're saying about them been paired up.
What i don't understand is what you mean about "trim to correct any error"... electronics are not my thing.
Would the sensor from the RSI fit in my 1.2 to allow it to pair up?
Thanks for any info. New to Clios.

renault clio 1.4 16v
most clusters can be adjusted for what they are reading or calibrated but if the range of the sensor is different to the range of the gauge then it will never work, i recently had to do a lot of chopping to get a after market fuel gauge fitted in the cluster on my ol chevy and had to replace the sender unit as well, there was simply no way the old sender would work with the new gauge, on each gauge there should be a little pot to adjust the needle, if its a digital cluster then u can change that stuff by plugging it into a diagnostic tool... as for the sensors im not sure if it will be a straight swap as the computer would also need to be adjusted to suit...

Just been looking at the RSI sensors and they are different so wouldnt fit. Also thinking about it my sensor is only designed to hit a pressure and turn on the warning light, where as the other sensor would have to read a given range to operate the dial. So soubnds like a nightmare to sort and wouldnt work.
Unless someonelse has done it.