ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil for 172 cup

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mr Opie Oils recommended Silkolene Pro-s, basically race oil that can be used on road.

S2 106 GTI
Can't remember what I had in on my last service? it was fully Syn but unsure of brand?? was expensive though lol. going to drop the oil next weekend as she's coming back on the road again................................Just checked and it was valvoline.

where's best to buy?? halfrauds are way too expensive!!!

always used the silkolene pro-s 5w40 all year round in mine , but as said any good 5w40 is recommendable

S2 106 GTI
always used the silkolene pro-s 5w40 all year round in mine , but as said any good 5w40 is recommendable

I was talking to a mate about that race oil, he said one of his mates used it all the time in his scooby and wouldn't use anything else! good s**t

might have to get some :) best place to buy?? opie oils?? what size

Clio 172 Cup
Hi,

When I turned my car over a few nights ago it came on the screen ----OIL----- so I checked the dipstick and there was nothing on it. The oil light wasn't on, on the dash though :S. Anyway I bought some 10w40 semi synthetic from the garage (I was positive thats what it said in the owners manual) and topped it up. Is there a problem using this oil? I checked the manual and it says 5w40 for Clio II 172 (it doesn't specify synthetic or semi synthetic though) It's due a service in 3.5k, will it be ok or should I change it to 5w40?

Thanks

that oil is fine! 5/40 better though

Shouldnt have let it run low though really but ah well!

I think the light only goes on when there no pressure (literally completely empty)

Clio 172 Cup
Ah thanks alot :) TBH I have no idea why its so low. I only bought the car about a month ago and the oil was fine. So its burning oil or leaking it, although theres no oil on my driveway :S. I'm just going to keep an eye on it.