ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil filter changing woes :(

182 Trophy & 106 Rallye
So i went to give my car its 6 month oil change yesterday and found the oil filter to be super tight, even when i got it moving with a filter strap it didnt free off once it started moving it was tight all the way until the filter came off.
Unfortuantely whats happened is the threaded part that the filter screws to seems seized in the filter and so its screwed it out of the block!

I'm a bit worried about putting it back in the block. Do i screw it in until it stops? Do i need to thread lock it to stop this reoccuring? I couldnt get it out the filter at all so just going to get a new one from renault this week. Any one have the part number?

Thanks,
Wayne

V70 d5 beast
in theory you should jsut be able to screw it back it and do it up tight,

no need for thread lock unless there was some on the old one?
it probably came off with the filter because who ever put the oil filter on didnt put oil onto the oil filter seal, so the seal sticks to the housing and is tight to get off. or they did the filter up too tight lol

i asume its a 182 u have?
the part number i have is 8200 545 137 it may superseed though

182 Trophy & 106 Rallye
yeah a 182, sorry should have said.
Thanks, I'll try the part number in the morning see what Renault come up with.

I'm just worried whether as standard it screws into the block until it stops, or whether its meant to say sit 15mm in the block but there is nothing to stop it going in further.
I'm probably over analysing it. I will see once i have the new part

BMW M135i
All the manuals specify is to retighten it to 15nm. And that is the current part number its not a lot of money at all couple of quid should be.