ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil changes

I have a clio 182 i use on track only. I was just wondering how often would you change the oil?

I only use it on small tracks llandow mostly couple of times a year.

Thanks dave

Track 172 Cup
I've just changed mine on my (mainly) track car it's done about 6-8 track days since last being done at that rate mine would get done twice a year. Could do it once a year I suppose as track cars are normally warmed up and cooled down better than a road car even though they get driven harder in most cases I'm probably just a little OTT with it as if I'm bored i'll tinker with the car and Oil/Filters are cheap.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Like @Amos91 says I do mine every 4-6k sometimes a lot less if Im bored. What I tend to do every other oil change - which is probably OTT is buy the cheap FS 5w40 from eurocarparts when its on offer - tend to buy like 3x5L and drain my oil, fill with the cheap s**t, run it for 50 miles then drain , replace the filter and fill with Silkolene Pro race R. Its kind of like a an oil flush without using the crappy Wynns engine flush.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Do you notice much crap comes out when you flush it with the cheap oil? I debated on this myself @optical
I always drop my oil above the drain in the street so havent noticed anything.

Joke....
I also use a magnetic sump plug but havent done an oil change since fitting it. interested to see what I find especially since fitting a turbo.
To be honest my drain bowl is black and filthy so havent actually looked. good point though , I should really buy a white washing up bowl to catch the oil in and then buy some cheap filters for a funnel when im pouring the old oil into a container for disposal.

Track 172 Cup
I have just fitted an magnetic sump plug myself and same on the black drain tray lol (i use an old cat litter tray haha)I brought home a few 5 litre tubs from work which I can put oil in and get rid when I go the tip.