ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Change on 1.8 16v

Clio 1.8 16v & AX GT
Hi, my clio is due and oil change now and i mentioned to someone about using oil flush, he sed that they aren't good for the f7p engine. just want a second opinion really! can anyone help?
cheers :)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Have used Forte engine flush (as available from ebay) that is normally only used by proper garages. Find the whole range works.

Some people say you don't want to get rid of crap inside engine which can plug holes and stop leaks but I think its mad putting new oil in an engine that still has crud in. Thought the crud and particles in oil is what causes the engine wear...

In my eyes you should be relying on foreign particles to keep your oil from leaking etc. Thats what gaskets etc are for and is only masking a problem.

Oild changes on Valvers are a bugger to do but better to do yourself than get ripped off. Castrol RS and Silkolene Pro S are best oils I have used. Oilman is usually best place to get them from.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
changed the oil on my valver 7 or 8 times and used engine flush every time, wouldnt change oil with out it, unless its a cheap run around.
never had a problem.

Skoda Fabia vRS
you risk leaving some flush in the engine basically, meaning none of the oil can stick to the parts properly, every time you turn the engine off the oil will go straight down to the sump cos its mixed with the flush and it wont allow it to leave a film on anything

dont use a flush

1.8 16v clio mk1
apparently you are supposed to warm the engine/oil.i heard the oil seems to be thinner when warm

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Engine flush like Forte is put in the engine and idled for a period. I assume this mixes it with the oil. Then will come out will all the oil.

If all the oil does not drain, then what is left will have a small mixture of flush in it and this will be miniscule when 5 litres of oil is added.

My car runs better after a flush.