ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil change how often?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I change it as per Renault recommendation, every 12k or 2 years, whichever comes first.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get mine done every 3000 miles on every car i've owned. Can't stand having dirty oil.

toyed with the idea of using 10/40 every 6k, but 5/40 doesn't appear to be discolouring too badly at all every 12k

Lionel Richie
i suggest every 6K miles, it seems most of the cars i've seen with noisey/knackered VVT dephasers have had a very "relaxed" service life

Is it too late to put;

"Changed as per the intervals in the handbook, using the oil stated in the handbook"

??

a thirsty one
mobil 1 0w-40 fully sync (last 2 years) works fine no leaks every 6-8k or little sooner if i have done the odd trackday.

do find the thinner 0w-40 does seem to burn a little more as never used a drop of 5-40 only use 0w-40 as cheap at costco £22 for 4 litres.

a thirsty one
sorry fred i was meaning the cold temp viscosity as thinner as i dont use my car daily over winter i was a little worried the cold weather and slightly thinner cold oil may find its way out of the odd bit of french build quality, i know the viscosity rating at temp is the same. i have access to free mobil 10w-40 at my brothers garage but for the cost of this stuff from costco i dont mind the extra few quid.

why it uses some on trackdays since my swap i just put down to engine wear maybe.