ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Change, 5L's didnt quite fill 182?

FF Titanium 182
Done an oil change on my 182 on sunday noticed that the oil looks to be about 3/4 of the way up the dipstick so not at the maximum, used 5L's of the Elf evo oil. Is it normal for it not to go to the max?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have done 30+ oil changes on my clio 1*2's and found that they generally take 4.8 - I have about 1 cm left at the bottom of a 5L silkolene pro jug/can.
I do mine on a generally level surface without jacking the car and the engine being fairly hot when draining. Leave it to drain for an hour with the dipstick loose and the oil filler unscrewed but not removed. It gets the dip stick to a few mm off the top notch and 00000- on the dash oil reading.

Something i thought about the other day was does it matter if you pour the cold new oil into a warmish engine ?
Also someone should design something to catch all the oil that spills when you remove the filter, no matter how many tissues i press in under the filter it always spills out and needs mopping with tissues.

FF Titanium 182
So its weird that mine is needing more than 5L's? Ive checked there doesnt seem to be any leaks anywhere?

Inferno 182
Honestly don't mean to be cheeky but you sure it's not a 4litre container? A few manufacturers sell it in 4litre bottles now.

FF Titanium 182
I dont think so mate! I didnt actually check that 2bh will have a look in the morning. A little concerned it hasnt filled it

clio 182 trophy
So its weird that mine is needing more than 5L's? Ive checked there doesnt seem to be any leaks anywhere?
Fred @ btm told me that my trophy took more than 5l when he did my belts. Checked for leaks and no probs. cars been fine since and that was 18k miles ago.
Does anyone know how long the aux belt lasts? As in how many miles until you change? Is it 30k?

Abarth 595 Comp
Something i thought about the other day was does it matter if you pour the cold new oil into a warmish engine ?
not really, just remember it wont be warm like the rest of the engine when you start it up if the engine is still that warm after the whole process

FF Titanium 182
Okay cool then, ordering an extra 1L anyway and i will fill it up. I will keep an eye out for any leaks havent found any yet though, its not guna cause any problems being 3/4 is it?