ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Catch Tanks...

RB 182
Im unsure on the clio as im new to the engine myself but im presuming the priciples are all the same..

On the rocker cover there will be a oil take of where the oil vapours are pulled back through the inlet from what ive seen pre throttle bodie and the vapours are then fed back into the engine..

The will be others with probably a better explination refering to the clio engine though..

And people remove them to stop the vapours returning into the induction hence the name "oil catch tank".. :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the idea is as above normally the oil vapour will go back in to the inlet... making for dirty air which can impede ignition etc and also if you have a MAF it can gunk it up...

if you don't know what its for you don't really need one... i have one on the rx7 and its been on there for months if not a year and its pretty much empty lol, if its filling up quick on a piston engine you could put it down to fucked valve stem oil seals or too much pressure getting through to the rocker etc...

CBR1K, F21 125D
Pack it full of fine chain or thick wire wool.

Else it wont catch a great deal.

Last edited:
  106 1.5 diesel
Sorry to drag up an OLD thread, I just found this on Google after watching Mighty Car Mods. For the benefit of everyone else, you realy don't need a catch can on the Clio. You can put a small breather filter in place of the pipe that connects to the intake from the back of the engine and block up the hole in the intake with a cap or something. IF you love the universe and want to do your bit for the environment... with your Clio that pumps out 194 grams of CO2 per Kilometer... You can install a catch can instead. But my breather filter has been on for about a year now and it isn't even remotely oily. Again, apologies admin for dragging up an old post, I just figured lots of people watch MCM and a lot of people with Clios will be smashing Google because the Internet told them to.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to drag up an OLD thread, I just found this on Google after watching Mighty Car Mods. For the benefit of everyone else, you realy don't need a catch can on the Clio. You can put a small breather filter in place of the pipe that connects to the intake from the back of the engine and block up the hole in the intake with a cap or something. IF you love the universe and want to do your bit for the environment... with your Clio that pumps out 194 grams of CO2 per Kilometer... You can install a catch can instead. But my breather filter has been on for about a year now and it isn't even remotely oily. Again, apologies admin for dragging up an old post, I just figured lots of people watch MCM and a lot of people with Clios will be smashing Google because the Internet told them to.
I have the small filter setup......it needs cleaning and being right above the exhaust manifold makes it a bit smelly......next.......oilcatchtank!