ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oh lookie here...

not as funny as the one i saw the other day , it had the sport above the reanult :eek:

pmsl ...... its all sporty :eek:

Clio PRIVILEGE 1.4
why the hell would anyone do that?? who do they think they are fooling ?
ive got a normal clio and would never dream of passing it off as something it isnt lol

M2 Competition
Whats the problem? Its a badge.

No different to fitting turinis to a full fat, if it makes the guy enjoy his car that little bit more fair play to him.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Not the end of the world people, could be a lot lot worse i think, bodykit etc, who knows might have a 172 engine underneath there lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha i saw a daewoo matiz other day with the sport badge on it as in the RS badge. also s**t load of other 16v badges n s**t from halfords haha.

got up close to the guy and it was a 30 year old geek behind the wheel lol.

had massive zorst to was soo funny.

oh_rly.jpg

1998 BMW e46 323i

No different to fitting turinis to a full fat, if it makes the guy enjoy his car that little bit more fair play to him.

turinis are an improvement over the oem wheels. fair enough, in theory should improve handling and grip, with wider tyre and lower unsprung weight etc etc.

A sport badges denotes different wheels, suspension, engine, exhaust, wings, bumpers etc... It's a pretence, a fake and the definition of 'chav'.

Clio 182 cup
I also know that car park well, work not far from it. I would have pissed myself if I saw that though!!:);)

Renault Clio S
Obviously, it's not a RenaultSport model, but if it is a 1.4, 1.6 or whatever Sport, what's the issue?

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
I've seen this quite a lot recently aswell, I've probably only started noticing them now i own an RS tho.

Getting as bad as the Saxo vts "16V" badges that people used to stick everywhere

RenaultSport 197
This reminds me of that thread about that red Pug 106 XN that was parked next to somebody on here. IIRC it had a shopping trolley spoiler, sport looking wheel trims, a halfrauds chrome muffler tip that was wonky and a set of decals and a fat family inside? Similar thing really, probably would of had trouble reaching 80mph, but they still thought it would look good and improve performance lol.

Linky?

Turbos.
Yeah i've noticed since they started selling the badge in Halfords it has popped up on a few random cars.

It seems a lot of people feel the need to make up for something, or impress 14 year old girls outside of school, quite a few people have them on here. Sad.

Renault Clio S
Yeah i've noticed since they started selling the badge in Halfords it has popped up on a few random cars.

It seems a lot of people feel the need to make up for something, or impress 14 year old girls outside of school, quite a few people have them on here. Sad.

I'm interested to know how adding a badge is interpreted as either making up for something, or to impress 14 year old girls outside of school.

I guess adding a big-bore exhaust, 15 inch rims, and bodywork upgrades, and a public announcement stereo system is clearly done to make the owner as inconspicuous as possible?

I see more people trying to impress 14 year-old girls with the latter, than I do the former.

What a load of shite.

Last edited:
a; they sell the badge in halfrauds and have done for a while

b; alot of renault dealers are now putting them on the "campus sport" models

might not be their doing

****runs and hides after taking his off his sport replica****

;)

jamie

I'm interested to know how adding a badge is interpreted as either making up for something, or to impress 14 year old girls outside of school.

I guess adding a big-bore exhaust, 15 inch rims, and bodywork upgrades, and a public announcement stereo system is clearly done to make the owner as inconspicuous as possible?

I see more people trying to impress 14 year-old girls with the latter, than I do the former.

What a load of s**te.

breathe. . . . . . . have a cuppa . . . . . . . . .

now welcome to CS ;)

jamie

Renault Clio S
I bought my 1.4 Sport (listed as Sport on the Reg document I my add), complete with Sport badge. It wasn't until I walked into Halfords and saw the off-the-shelf badge that I broke down and cried.

Should I or shouldn't I remove it?

if your gonna bend for people who call you a chav or what ever for having a sport badge on a non sport, yes, take it off.

if your car came with it, id tell some of the above to fcuk off. mate at the end of the day, your car, your decisions, your happiness :)

jamie

Renault Clio S
if your gonna bend for people who call you a chav or what ever for having a sport badge on a non sport, yes, take it off.

if your car came with it, id tell some of the above to fcuk off. mate at the end of the day, your car, your decisions, your happiness :)

jamie

Well said Jamie

Renault Clio S
Correct me if I'm wrong please do, but the 'S' badge stands for Sport, even if there isn't a Sport badge that spells it out. I know 'S' only accounts for sports styling rather than performance, but if you own a Clio S - it's a Sport model.

Renault Clio S
Thank you for confirming that Day. It says Sport on my Registration documents, so a Sport is what I rightfully refer to it as.

Renault Clio S
Hh yes it does.

Put it this way: If you owned a classic Dino Ferrari, would you refer to it as simply a Dino, or a Ferrari?

M2 Competition

turinis are an improvement over the oem wheels. fair enough, in theory should improve handling and grip, with wider tyre and lower unsprung weight etc etc.

A sport badges denotes different wheels, suspension, engine, exhaust, wings, bumpers etc... It's a pretence, a fake and the definition of 'chav'.

Pmsl. Its a badge.

al

ST on the way...
If it's a Dynamique it is a sport :)

Just not a "RenaultSport" which it doesn't say.

Lighten up!! :S lol