ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offset problem for Mk2 172..

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Just wondering fellas, Im currently rolling on Lenso Se7en 17x7 offset 40mm with 205/40 rubbers. I believe the stock Mk2 172 (Australian Model) wheels are 15x7 with an offset of 48.5mm and 195/50 rubbers. Is it alright for me to add 8.5mm spacers to each wheel just to make it the same offset as the stocky wheels? What if I add 10mm spacers instead, because Eibach makes really good quality aluminium spacers.

Cheers, Brian.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

my 17s are 40 offset and lowered on Eibach Prokit springs with no problem.

Although youre right to say the originals are 48.5!!!

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Mines lowered on Eibach Sportline springs but Im still getting some scrubbage during full lock turn. The rears dont rub at all but I reckon theyre sitting too far in the wheel arch. Is it worth bringing it out that extra 8.5mm?

Erm adding spacers will bring the wheels out..... but at et40 you are 8mm further out that the original wheels anyway, so youd make your wheels effectively et31.5 which would be a shed load worse.

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Ooops...... I thought it was the opposite. You learn something new everyday!! Thanks for that Roamer..

Yeah, the offset is the distance from the centre of the wheel to the hub, so putting spacers on is like having a lower offset