ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Mountune Tractor
I've had the heating issue a few times, thought it was my PS3 tbh.
Overall still pleased with the game, no end of problems it would seem for some people though.............

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I'm sure they will...apparently COD in all it's guises accounts for >50% of the traffic on Xbox Live...quite a stat!

Mountune Tractor
Treyarch have a decent reputation for fixing bugs/making improvements in games........................I'm still waiting though?
Anything online about an upcoming patch?

LY 182
I'd imagine it depends how widespread these issues are as to how urgently they react. This thread online demonstrates people with lots of issues and people with none.

Mountune Tractor
Hey PS3 gamers,

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

LIVE FIXES
  • 11/5
  • - Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
  • - Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
  • - User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

11/9
  • - Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
  • - Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/10
  • - Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11
  • - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
  • - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

11/12
  • - Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
  • - Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
  • - Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option

11/16
  • · Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
  • · Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
  • · Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
  • · Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
  • · Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
  • · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
IN PROGRESS
  • · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
  • · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
  • · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
  • · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
  • · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
  • · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
  • · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
  • · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
  • · Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
  • · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
  • · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
  • · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
  • · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
  • · Additional online security enhancements
  • · Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances
  • · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends
Regards,
-JD

Mountune Tractor
Yeah January is the aim for the lag and friends list patches. There will be other updates before then though.

It's only affecting PS3 aswell and not XB! That is the bit that really pisses me off, I've just been reading about it on the COD forums and there are ALOT of people having this issue with frame rate. It's poor, very poor.

Mito Sportiva 135
January....are you having a laugh?!? so when's the 360 patch scheduled for? I can't believe it would take 2 months of development time to fix that?!?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well there developed by different groups for each platform from what I've heard maybe the xbox team is better or the console handles the cod engine better. There's obviously something different happening with the ps3.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I just think for either console...putting a product out with such an obvious flaw is crazy! And 2 months to get it working as intended is not good enough I don't think.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well yeah I totally agree. Must of been alot of pressure to release it. Look at gt5 how many times that has been held up. That game should be very well developed the time they've had.

Ph1 172
I think there has been a few updates already as the build number on the loading page (where you select playstation network) has changed? Well it has on my ps3

No lag last night at around 10 ish and the same this morning through till lunch. Had to go into work then boo :-(

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
There will be updates before January, don't worry.

They are fixing the sound, so that you can actually hear enemies, and hear the bomb being defused or planted on Search. They are also doing stuff to the matchmaking, so that finding games alone and in a party is easier.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Anyone fancy zombies, want to get past level 16, im going on now, tag is ali bailey (xbox)

Mountune Tractor
There will be updates before January, don't worry.

They are fixing the sound, so that you can actually hear enemies, and hear the bomb being defused or planted on Search. They are also doing stuff to the matchmaking, so that finding games alone and in a party is easier.

Yeah but no news on the most important fix - framerate (or lack of).

aaarg! just had a couple of goes on tdm and my PS3 crashed/froze three times.

As in needing a restart.

Utter shoddy b****cks.

LY 182
Has anybody had a chopper gunner on Nuketown? Just got one and it was literally epic. 15-20 kills in 1-2 minutes lol. Was absolutely buzzing!!

Sorry for the blur, but thought I'd ***** my best ever performance in a TDM lol. (That's me 30-6 obviously lol)

o724ae.jpg

Mk2 ph1 clio
Just to confirm.

If you know the gun glitch in WAW (get more than two guns) using grenades and the random box... it still works in black ops zombies... Spas, thundergun aug and commando is a nice combo to have!

Clio 200 Raider
My summary of the game

The bad

Ps3 freezes every so often when joining matches.
More noticeable lag than in previous cod games (when u shoot but then get killed you dont shoot in the killcam) literally have to fire a whole clip into the enemy. The joining with friends system doesnt work that well
Respawn when someone has chopper gunner on nuke town is a joke cant even move before you get killed again. Money in the game seems pointless i had loads left when i prestiged only use 4 different guns.hardcore matches this time rnd there seems to be a lot more camping than normal.
Hopefully most of these things will be addressed in the upcoming patch

The good

Seems a long more focused than mw2 and not as noobish.
Game modes add a lot more enjoyment to the game. Maps are getting better more you play them.love the customisation of guns and player cards and prestige lobbys.

Lol at demolition on summit. You can practically stand behind the respawn point and get lots of kills (yes its annoying but funny af same time)

My best so far managed 22 kills before dying.

Just a bit peed as my 60gb ps3 finally died with the game stuck inside.so have purchased this game twice as couldnt wait to get the ps3 fixed so bought another 1 lol

Dodgy one
Just a bit peed as my 60gb ps3 finally died with the game stuck inside.so have purchased this game twice as couldnt wait to get the ps3 fixed so bought another 1 lol

You not heard of sticking a paperclip in the draw to open it! Wasted £40 lol

172 Cup
I see lots of console videos on here so I thought I'd make a quick PC vid for the WASD fans..

Last edited by a moderator:
  Dodgy one
lol serious does that work? just want the game out lol without breaking the ps3 even more as i will get it fixed at sum point

Yeah, It'l even say it in your manual. Have a look on your PC/ DVD/ CD player etc, the little hole under the draws where you stick it.