ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Mountune Tractor
Conneh that is sooo funny mate, lmao!

I'm going to Tesco at midnight, £45 for the game and £20 PSN credit is a good deal - especially when you know you will be buying the map packs.

And LOL at all the people saying "I knew the supermarkets wouldn't sell it cheap". b****cks - the last two COD games have both been sold at a cheap price.

A4 130
HMV are keeping one back for me tomorrow seeing though they dropped a bollock sending me one for the ps3!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Conneh that is sooo funny mate, lmao!

I'm going to Tesco at midnight, £45 for the game and £20 PSN credit is a good deal - especially when you know you will be buying the map packs.

And LOL at all the people saying "I knew the supermarkets wouldn't sell it cheap". b****cks - the last two COD games have both been sold at a cheap price.

is that £45 for the game with £20 worth of psn credit free?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
To save ~12 hours? ;) My amazon order has finally shipped, roll on tomorrow :D

Yeah cos my posty doesn't come till 3pm and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to come a day early when pre ordered. They've missed out and will be getting it back. Lol

Woo hoo mine turned up today......only ordered from Game on Friday lunchtime.........just waiting to build up the strength to punch the missus so I can get on the tv!!!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
That review someone posted earlier is a load of complete s**t.

If you read the review it is pretty negative about most things, singleplayer only good not great, multiplayer money system is apparantly s**t, spawning has issues, game slowdowns...

Then it gives it the overall score of 9.5 out of 10.

f**k off.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
nice one harry, spawn rape FTW

After playing it for a bit longer I think footsteps are harder to hear than in MW2.

Also had a couple of games where I lost connection and the party of mates kept disconnecting too.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
on ninja pro, you can hear enemys footsteps louder so it might be the same?

Just installing to harddrive now, need to convince the Mrs that COD is more important than Xmas shopping tonight.

As for Woolies/Very, I said all along they were a bad idea.

Ok, my mini review.

I was pretty excited to get this, as i loved MW1 and MW2 - so this being the next instalment in theory should be better again.
I'm in 2 minds, the new layout is rather complicated - nothings easy to find and it doesn't make sense to as why they would swap from the way MW1 and 2 works (Stupid really).
I know it's Treyarch, and i'm sure it's alot like WaW. Which i didnt like either.
Graphics, well the maps are not THAT bad - can be quiet pretty in places. I'm only playing it @ 720, it may look lovely at 1080p - but i wont be holding my breath.
Gun models are a joke, guns in CSS that was released 6 years a go look better.
Game play, well it's similar to MW2 i suppose... spawn run around kill die repeat.

I can't see me playing it much.

I'l be passing through the town centre at 11pm. I wonder how many people will be queing up at the game shops an hour early. Look's like Craigus may be there ;)

I may be tempted to go back at 12, but may be a tightwad and get it in sainsburys cheaper with my shopping 2moro night. Hope they don't sell out the first day.

Mountune Tractor
Ok, my mini review.

I was pretty excited to get this, as i loved MW1 and MW2 - so this being the next instalment in theory should be better again.
I'm in 2 minds, the new layout is rather complicated - nothings easy to find and it doesn't make sense to as why they would swap from the way MW1 and 2 works (Stupid really).
I know it's Treyarch, and i'm sure it's alot like WaW. Which i didnt like either.
Graphics, well the maps are not THAT bad - can be quiet pretty in places. I'm only playing it @ 720, it may look lovely at 1080p - but i wont be holding my breath.
Gun models are a joke, guns in CSS that was released 6 years a go look better.
Game play, well it's similar to MW2 i suppose... spawn run around kill die repeat.

I can't see me playing it much.

What's wrong with the layout? It would be a little naive to think it would be the same as MW, you said it yourself they are made by different companies.....
Ref: Spawn, run around, kill, die, repeat - what did you expect?
I haven't played it yet so just commenting from an outsiders point of view.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Shopto have gone right down the pan

hey didnt even DISPATCH the copies form there warehouse until this morning

WTF is the point preordering a game when you dont receive it until release day. I used to preorder with shopto and in many cases get it 2 days before release

Clio 200 Raider

WTF is the point preordering a game when you dont receive it until release day. I used to preorder with shopto and in many cases get it 2 days before release

same here wont be using them again

Mountune Tractor

I understand your frustration as this happened to me last year with MW2 - but they did clearly state they wouldn't be sending games out early a long time ago.

The layout is just wrong, it's too awkward. Maybe i'm being naive, but i wouldn't of done it the way they have.

As for the game play, that wasn't being negative. I like the fast paced play of MW2, and this is pretty much similar.

WTF is the point preordering a game when you dont receive it until release day.

Agreed, many are lucky to receive the game before they are supposed to. But the original point of pre ordering is guaranteeing a copy on that release day, not 'get it before anyone else a few days before'.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone find it abit jerky? Like the PS3 is struggling to play it on the big open maps?

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Anyone find it abit jerky? Like the PS3 is struggling to play it on the big open maps?

I found it fine when I was playing in the afternoon. Few connection problems in the last hour, nothing new from MW2.

If anything I find it a bit more fast paced and arcady than MW2 but that could be because everyone is starting with lightweight and marathon on the default class.

Fiesta ST-2
I hated WAW gave it away after playing it online for a few hours. Hope this isn't the same s**te. Surely they can't f**k up IW winning formula?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
didnt get much sleep last night lol, was visualising what i needed to do when i got the same game strategy lol.

so what's the default stuff them when you first start, perk wise and gun wise?