ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official 172 CO2 figures?

Ph2 Clio 172
Anyone know where I can find some official Clio 172 CO2 figures that the DVLA will take as evidence? My car is incorrectly recorded on the DVLA website as producing 273g/km CO2, which is stupidly high, and is causing me to pay to much Tax. I think the figure is around 190ish, but I cant find any official figures anywhere?

Laguna sport tourer
194 g/km on my logbook 2003 172cup.
I think if you look on parkers it tells you the official CO2

Ph2 Clio 172
My V5 says 273, thats the problem.

Doing a Vehicle Search on other 172 plates says 194 is the correct figure, but how do I 'prove' this to the DVLA?

clio 182
you would need to have another 172 from the same years data to prove this and go down to your local dvla office

Ph2 Clio 172
you would need to have another 172 from the same years data to prove this and go down to your local dvla office

On the DVLA website it says you can just send them your V5 and a letter detailing what is incorrect and have it amended. For things like colour, etc this is fine, you tell them what it is and they change it. But for CO2 figures, which affect how much Tax I pay, I assume they would need some proof. But due to the UK's stupid back dated tax rules my 02 172 comes from a time when CO2 figures were not a standard part of manufacturer car specs :(.

I just need a document from Renault that details my official CO2 or something...

clio 182
On the DVLA website it says you can just send them your V5 and a letter detailing what is incorrect and have it amended. For things like colour, etc this is fine, you tell them what it is and they change it. But for CO2 figures, which affect how much Tax I pay, I assume they would need some proof. But due to the UK's stupid back dated tax rules my 02 172 comes from a time when CO2 figures were not a standard part of manufacturer car specs :(.

I just need a document from Renault that details my official CO2 or something...

ok so get several details of 172's on the same year and then go and ask the question ..tbh it would be better to put it in the hands of some one at the local dvla office.. as they would know where to start as tbh we wouldnt unless we have had this issue in the past...and tbh i bet no one normaly checks they just pay it.. well done for finding out !! but good luck getting money back from the goverment :(