ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offical 197 pics in black!!

E90
pmsl at the people talking bout modding it. Whats wrong with driving it as standard without feeling compelled to rip the exhaust off and bolt something onto the engine.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Dutch 172 said:
pmsl at the people talking bout modding it. Whats wrong with driving it as standard without feeling compelled to rip the exhaust off and bolt something onto the engine.

Nothing wrong with keeping things standard, but you may or may not have noticed the large numbers of current RS owners who have fitted new exhausts etc to their car so its fair to say that new owners will do the same. Obviously its not exactly the primary concern when buying a new car, but its worth noting either way.

I just hope its a good drive straight out the box cos it ain't gonna win any beauty contests!

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Not doing anything for me! Dont see what renault are trying to achieve! From the response on here from current clio sport owners it doesnt look like they going to sell many!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
pretty dire reactions so far

lets hear a diesel option being tabled - the 177Bhp Dci would be welcomed

Ziel Nurburgring
The reason for the odd line will be the ENCAP pedestrian rating or what ever its called. Just so if you do ever hit someone for whatever reason, it does the least damage.

No good if theyve just keyed you car though, still youve always got reverse!

Ziel Nurburgring
R20 CWH said:
pretty dire reactions so far

lets hear a diesel option being tabled - the 177Bhp Dci would be welcomed

Well the lagunas GT170 might fit. as theve managed to fit the 6 speed in, it might squeeze

Clio 197
It looks a bit hair-dresser in the pics... (no offense to hair-dressers).

It'll probably look a lot better in the flesh.

:)

The RS 6 sped box is only ggod for 240NM (176LB torque) so any powerful turbo 2.0 would need to be detunned to much to make it worthwhile.
The 105hp dci has to be tunned down so that it doesn't go break the box.

106 GTi
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
So then ..........

When they bringing it out in Racing Blue??? ;)

Andi

On release by the looks of it, one of the listed colours on the Renault Site

Ziel Nurburgring
edde said:
The RS 6 sped box is only ggod for 240NM (176LB torque) so any powerful turbo 2.0 would need to be detunned to much to make it worthwhile.
The 105hp dci has to be tunned down so that it doesn't go break the box.

Doesnt the GT170d have an auto option? as it already had the 6 speed box, i was just guessing it would have space for the diesel lump

GR7

Shiny red R32
I fully agree with Tiger! :dead:
I love black cars but that shape does not do it for me!
I would like to see a black 207 GTi/RCup (whatever it will be called)!

inferno rs 182
cant go it at all, i seen it at auto sport international (altough concept) and didnt like it one bit unlike when i first seen the mk 2's. the new megane however looks like it could be a belter

a burnt one
ukaskew said:
I wanna see Racing Blue! With white cup wheels it would be stunning.

just a quicky but im sure you can picture the true blue in you're head from this
10992_HD_ren2006clioRScopy.gif

Dirty E91
I love my 182 in Black Gold but that looks cr*p!

Seats look like a big improvement! Wonder if they're as high as the MK2's.

Renault have ruined their hot hatch in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the new Fiat Punto, i think it looks very smart, the Arbarth version should hopefully be a winner, its rumoured to be having a 250bhp turbo, with 4x4. If they make that i'd buy one in a jiffy, as long as it could handle.

Clio 172mk2
i like it , would have liked the fog lights wider out like the megane 225, needs the cup spoiler though

Golf GT TDi 130
i like the interior, cool door handles and the new seats look nice. exterior looks a bit plain. if it wasnt for the diffuser,vents and exhausts you wouldn't really know it was the renaultsport model. and the bonnet looks awful short? thats just my opinion anyway!

BMW M3
I really want to like it but cant from those pics.

The front looks like any other clio.... the back is full of strange angles and the diffuser looks pish !!! Aparantly any aftermarket exhaust will have to end where the stds do so not to interupt the airflow or something...might be rubbish, not too sure.

I like the side vents and the brakes.....

.... and inside has grown on me though....didnt like it at first on the std clios but i do really like the inside of the 197. Ive been in a 1.6 privelige and the build quality is 100% better.

Dont think i will be replacing my 182 with 197 untill they have changed a few things

E90
Technically captain i should be Dutch GTi, I'll need to ask one of the SS, sorry Facists, sorry moderators, apologies curse my 1945 keyboard its on autospell. And thats Able seaman Sir, i've been promoted

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I personally like the car, and i think the black RS above will look better in real life scenery. Black with white background dont do it much justice.

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'd opt for a Red MK3 RS with anthracite / black wheels to compliment the rear diffuser. Can anyone photoshop it for us?

Tyson.

106 GTi
hkka said:
BTW, cooled glove box!!!

In the same way as 182, or a true independant one where you can have the cabin hot and the glovebox can still be chiiled?