ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM Rear Discs - How much?

200 FF Storm Grey
How much can you expect to pay for these?

I was thinking like £30 a side then noticed on here a site selling them for £100 a pair and people saying that was a good price :eek:

So had a quick scout on the net, and EBC sell a a plain disc, found a site which sells these for £30 a side, they seem alright enough, 2 piece cast iron, these alright to buy?

Thinking of these plus red stuff pads for the back, will be getting a more serious setup for the front in a month or two

mk3 golf gti
the rear disc have the bearing pressed into them and the abs ring on, i got my new ones from k tec racing. genuine renault parts, were 120 delivered.

200 FF Storm Grey
Im pretty useless when it comes to brakes, so dont understand what you mean by the bearings being pressed in? You saying these wouldn't work properly?

mk3 golf gti
basically if you buy discs for 30ish quid, you will need to buy wheel bearings and abs rings, then get the bearing pressed into the disc, using a machine press. might save yourself 10 quid. most people just buy the discs complete with the bearing and abs ring already in place, those are the ones that are 100 quid

200 FF Storm Grey
Ah right ok, I'll just go for the renault kit then, suprised at how much they are!

Bus w**ker
I paid, last week, £114 for a pair. They asked why I didn't want pads to and I told them it was because I could get them from GSF for £13, he wandered off. When he re-appeared he offered me a set of pads to go with the discs and as long as I bought both I could have it for £125 for the lot. I didn't ask any questions, paid cash and left lol.

tiTTy & SV650
^they cost more than the dealer last time i checked

£100+vat from the dealer

Ah right, last time I bought was a while ago and they were the cheapest at the time with the bearings and ABS rings included and with postage

200 FF Storm Grey
I paid, last week, £114 for a pair. They asked why I didn't want pads to and I told them it was because I could get them from GSF for £13, he wandered off. When he re-appeared he offered me a set of pads to go with the discs and as long as I bought both I could have it for £125 for the lot. I didn't ask any questions, paid cash and left lol.

lol win, going to get the red stuff pads, the price on euro performance @ £40 will be that each or per pair?

172 cup
when i went into renault last year i got a quote of £200 for the pair including bearings and thats with no abs rings you can get them off your old discs and think i got a quote from GSF for £59 a side not sure if that included bearings

Matty

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
when i went into renault last year i got a quote of £200 for the pair including bearings and thats with no abs rings you can get them off your old discs and think i got a quote from GSF for £59 a side not sure if that included bearings

Matty

Prices have come down recently for whatever reason, I also paid over £200 for disks and pressed in bearings from gsf.

Titanium 182
I just bought the discs off KTEC for £120 and pads from eurocarparts for £42 = £162

Not the cheapest but It has to be done. After 5 yrs the originals are coming out

Bumder With A Buffer
I bought discs and bearings from Eurocarparts..thin kit cost £80 for all that..pressed the bearing in myself and re-used my old abs rings.

Lionel Richie
i'm £110 for genuine renault rears (complete units ready to fit)

oe spec rear pads are £20

plus delivery

Skoda Fabia vRS
latest price is £99.75+vat from Renault

for club members i can do them for £97.50 inc vat collected, cant do delivery im afraid

why do people pay more to get them from K-Tec than they cost at the dealers ?!

VaVa
i'm £110 for genuine renault rears (complete units ready to fit)

oe spec rear pads are £20

plus delivery

Hook a brother up! I can nip to Brum and pick them up if the delivery is ££. I also need your expertise to attend to a few niggles too :(

VaVa
latest price is £99.75+vat from Renault

for club members i can do them for £97.50 inc vat collected, cant do delivery im afraid

why do people pay more to get them from K-Tec than they cost at the dealers ?!

Where are you based mate?

Lionel Richie
you should try owning a V6! front discs = £400, fact of the day, Ferrari 360 front discs (same diameter) are £200!

there you have it, a V6 is more expensive than supercar! ;)

200 FF Storm Grey
If the EBC one's come with bearings and they're cheaper then would they not be the best option?

Monaco 172
havent read through the thread. but find a motoquip supplier and get them there. £90 for both, bearings and ABS rings pressed.

911 GT3, 320i, M3
I bought mine through a friends bodyshop for around £85 delivered from Renault, including bearings and abs rings.

seamed like a very good deal as 1 rear wheel bearing i'd bought from a local motor factor for £26 only lasted 3 months.