ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM Looking Sunflower

LY 182
WOW! That is stunning. The silver wheels set it off for me they make the car look so fresh! Love the colour so much!! Makes me miss my sundance :( which is a very similar colour.
That car is a credit to you, looks immaculate.

ph1 172
That's stunning Craig.

Much better on silver wheels. The original side strips and handles break the colour up well also.

You popping down Croft on the 30th mate?

R14 CUP
Always has been a lovely car this. I adore 16" F1's they look so much nicer than the 15's.

Lovely car Craig, top work :)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Thanks Chris, ohh do tell what are you getting?

Hopefully all will be revealed soon, just need to dot the i's & cross the t's.

I will certainly be using your car as inspiration for the perfect OEM+ Sunflower although mine will be slightly more OEM ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's actually one of if not the best Ph1 i've seen.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ridiculously good looking car - it's got all the best bits of all of them on it!!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Incredible looking car, really looks good! Also prefer the ph1 sidestrips, makes it look more of a "classic" (I know its far from classic status, I'm not sure if it it will ever be), if you know where I'm coming from lol! Btw what spoiler is that? It looks slightly different to a ph2 cup spoiler?

Thunflower fwends

Yellow fwends

That's stunning Craig.

Much better on silver wheels. The original side strips and handles break the colour up well also.

You popping down Croft on the 30th mate?

Cheers Ali, yeah I'll have a pop up mate as I'm off work I'll have a passenger ride in yours, would love to take the Megane on but I need to save my money for Ibiza spending money.

Always has been a lovely car this. I adore 16" F1's they look so much nicer than the 15's.

Lovely car Craig, top work

Thanks Jamie :) yeah the 16s make a big difference & let me run 300mm discs too lol

Hopefully all will be revealed soon, just need to dot the i's & cross the t's.

I will certainly be using your car as inspiration for the perfect OEM+ Sunflower although mine will be slightly more OEM

We'll congrats mate I'm sure you'll love owning a sunflower :)

You going for ph1 rear lights & orange indicators on the exterior? I have toyed with fitting them but the other sunflower my dads took off my hands is 100% original ph1 so I think I'll leave the full OEM to him lol.

f**k.

Me.

I'm glad you're looking after my wheels ;)

Haha I'm taking good care of them mate

Thanks again for all the kind & positive comments off everybody. I'm not sure about the 'best' comments but I really appreciate them thanks lads. I've got a few little things left to do to it before I can say it's done, but I love the little thing.

QUOTE=James Mk1;10296986]Incredible looking car, really looks good! Also prefer the ph1 sidestrips, makes it look more of a "classic" (I know its far from classic status, I'm not sure if it it will ever be), if you know where I'm coming from lol! Btw what spoiler is that? It looks slightly different to a ph2 cup spoiler?[/QUOTE]

Cheers James, yeah I no exactly what you mean, that was my thinking behind doing the wheels back silver & fitting the ph1 side strips. It's a genuine Renault spoiler but not sure what it's called I fancied something different to the normal cup spoiler everybody has.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It looks amazing Craig, for me it needs a few things:

Ph2 bootlid (the button is so much nicer)
Keep the ph2 rear lights no matter what.
Ph2 side strips (although the ph1 does work, I still prefer the ph2)

It's something else though mate, it just looks spot on.

Thanks @Rob Really appreciate it mate.

I do think the ph2 boot lid is a nice touch I fitted one to my mates titanium ph1 & it looks great but I think I'd have to fit the ph2 side strips again to make it look right.

Yeah I think the ph2 lights will be staying there's just something about the ph1 light against the yellow that dosnt do it for me.

This is is a pic @Chi took of it with the silver wheels & Ph2 side strips.

13165563594_5184432219_c.jpg

Yella Peril by CraigyD7, on Flickr

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks @Rob Really appreciate it mate.

I do think the ph2 boot lid is a nice touch I fitted one to my mates titanium ph1 & it looks great but I think I'd have to fit the ph2 side strips again to make it look right.

Yeah I think the ph2 lights will be staying there's just something about the ph1 light against the yellow that dosnt do it for me.

This is is a pic @Chi took of it with the silver wheels & Ph2 side strips.

13165563594_5184432219_c.jpg

Yella Peril by CraigyD7, on Flickr

Believe it or not, I think (for once) it actually looks as good with black strips as it does with CC'd ph2's.

I still want to buy another, my issue is that I'll have to at least - Lower, convert dash, side strips, rear lights, refurb wheels, recaros... it's not a cheap list ffs.

^That looks bloody stunning!

Thanks mate

Believe it or not, I think (for once) it actually looks as good with black strips as it does with CC'd ph2's.

I still want to buy another, my issue is that I'll have to at least - Lower, convert dash, side strips, rear lights, refurb wheels, recaros... it's not a cheap list ffs.

I think it's the fact the wheels are bright silver & they work better with the dark side strips as when it had gloss black wheels the ph1 strips didn't look as good.

What colour would you go for? Do it mate they are at a good price now & low mileage ones seem to be popping up for sale now & again. The main cost of your list would be the seats but they are a massive improvement over the standard ones & if you sold it you could take them out & get your money back for them. Rob

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think it's the fact the wheels are bright silver & they work better with the dark side strips as when it had gloss black wheels the ph1 strips didn't look as good.

What colour would you go for? Do it mate they are at a good price now & low mileage ones seem to be popping up for sale now & again. The main cost of your list would be the seats but they are a massive improvement over the standard ones & if you sold it you could take them out & get your money back for them. Rob

Believe it or not I'm not that fussy re-colour. Anything except iceberg would be a safe bet. I'm in the process of buying a house at the moment, and building a drive on the front of that house, but when I do, I can see me picking one up.

I know the seats are an investment, it's just when I'd be looking for 1.5k car, £700 seats seem a bit mental. LOL

Yeah I don't think I'd be too fussy picking a colour but saying that a nice flame red or pearl black would be cool. Sounds like a plan mate would you have it as a 2nd car?

Yeah when you put it that way about the seats they are expensive haha @Rob

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I used to prefer coded strips & did that on one of my other ph1's but I do prefer black now.

Has anyone fitted ph2 side strips but painted them black? That might work?

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Craig. your sunflower is stunning mate ;)

I am finally spending some money on parts for my sunflower track car so will be starting a thread soon :p I'm hoping to bring the inner beauty back to my poor sunflower and you car is certainly an inspiration to everyone :cool: