ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM brake set up or OEM plus ferrodo front pads

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
After abit of advice really boys and girls, is it worth just getting the oem set up or adding the ferrodo pads upfront aswell

No track days intended may i add just the odd spirited drive here and there and normal driving to work and back

P.s when buying pads and it says a set does that mean 2 pads or 4 pads....as disc brakes come in pairs im unsure what the pads come in :eek:

Any help is much appreciated

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
I just use brembo hc's and either the EBC ulimax pads or mintex oe spec ones. Pretty decent setup and only costs around £65

BG PH1 Megane 225
I've got Brembo HCs and Ferodo OEM spec pads and I'm yet to need more braking power. I quite rate them to be honest!

A set of pads usually means a set of 4 so 2 for each side. :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got Brembo HCs and Brembo pads form G172 in the traders section they're spot on for me, cheap as well.
I nearly head butted the windscreen the first time I pressed them hard. lol

182 trophy
Brembo HC's, Ferodo DS2500, braided lines and decent fluid = awesome fast road set up ;)

This is what I am now changing to. It's probably the best choice I would say. Pads are a bit more expensive but its reflected in the performance

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Personally I'd pick mintex standard pads over the standard ferrodo offerings, but if you can afford it get the DS2500. You wont be disappointed