ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyysey battery install

Clio 172 Cup
Has anybody installed a PC680 or similar battery in the original battery location?
My car has the kids scrambling in & out & dogs in the boot so don't want to re-locate it, just wondered if it's easy enough to fit with a cage or something in the original position?
Apart from the weight saving it should allow the Espace V6 airbox a little more room - it's a bit tight at the moment!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
It would't be to hard to make a mount up using the original battery tray/engine mount metal.

A few people have mounted it to the ECU brace that runs down from the ECU to behind the headlight.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
fit it flat where the original battery was with an alloy cage, leave standard ecu in place, connect cables into fuse box and battery lead.
Have a look for my old sprint car thread there may be a picture there.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, the only thread I could find didn't have under bonnet pics sadly. I'm hillclimbing this weekend so won't have chance to take a look, will take the battery out after that & see if it makes sense to me.
I take it removing the battery won't cause any issues on these?