ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odometer Pulsing!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hello!

I have a 2004 182

My odometer (displays the mileage) occasionally pulses as in the backlight fades in and out. It also happens when I indicate and everytime the indicator clicks the backlight dims.

Is this a common problem? If I do have to replace a bulb how would I get to it? I presume its not going to be easy as I will have to take some of the dash out!

2)

Keeping on the same subject...I think one of the bulbs have gone in my display which says the time. Are these easy to replace and what bulbs do I need?

Hope you can help!

​Thanks!

Clio 172
The first problem, I would hazard a guess at maybe the alternator/battery? Can't be sure though, I would wait until someone a bit more knowledgeable comes along!

Maybe check the alternator/battery connections?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
The first problem, I would hazard a guess at maybe the alternator/battery? Can't be sure though, I would wait until someone a bit more knowledgeable comes along!

Maybe check the alternator/battery connections?

is it just on one side of the lcd screen? if it is then quite possibly one of the led's are failing. if its the whole dash cluster then it will be battery / power related.

since they are leds on the dash cluster, unless your good with soldering its a no go-er. i have done a dash conversion to my car, so if you need the led's replaced i could do it for you or im sure someone on here can also....