ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

October Photography Competition - Otherworldly

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
As said, bin the auto focus off. Look through live view and us that to get the image sharp (use the +/- button to zoom in on the screen and fine tune the focus)
Tripod and shutter release (or 2 second timer)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I think these look alien so have used them for my first idea...

Otherworldly1080p.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Canon 500D, with only the kit lens (it's either that or my 50mm). And yes, using auto focus, but doing it through live view and point focusing it. It literally wouldn't focus.

either use manual focus or change the focus point to closest subject, that way it should focus on you. Also you can try moving the focus point over where your head is and setting it to a single spot focus. I imagine it was also struggling to focus a bit because of the extremely low light conditions. Also autofocus through live-view is ten times harder for the camera to focus as its using the ccd/cmos to focus instead.

I had EXACTLY that idea Brazo. Was going to do it in a local graveyard though. No chance. Moved house this month. Life is backwards now.

Some good entries in the end - what was all the fuss about?! :p

Lol I thought that was obvious........ Otherwise a picture of a graveyard and a picture of a corridor have nothing in common.