ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD2 Diagnostic software

actively looking
Hi just bought a usb obd2 diagnostic tool and the software that came with it is really budget and basic which i knew it would be before i bought it but was hoping u guys on here could recommend a really gd bit of software that does the dyno stuff as well as reseting mil engine lights etc.

cheers

There is no decient stuff do a google search though there loads of programs just few are any use.

The dyno stuff is usless.

fair enough, i dont doubt you know your stuff

its not bad as a basic fault reader though

Iv never seen a CLIP what are they like?

fair enough, i dont doubt you know your stuff

its not bad as a basic fault reader though

Iv never seen a CLIP what are they like?

Its basically a whole box fort a laptop but realy its a whole thing lapotp printer etc.
£5k list price.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Remember seeing one of Alex's clips from Carlton, was a funky laptop-in-a-case with loads of stuff you could plug into it :)

actively looking
pcmscan works well enough for the sensors and fault code reading.

yer i tried the demo and alot of the functions werent compatible but seemed ok didnt want to pay out for it with it not recognising alot of the sensors it did a scan but didnt recognise wat car it was plugged into which also put me off.

Tried digimoto its ok but basic havent tried the rstuner where do i get that from and are there demos available

cheers

BLK RSC172
sorry to dig up an old thread, the game has moved a bit since 2007, has any one had any decent results with any software? apart from the clip stuff..
i dont mind paying for it, but as long as its reasonably priced... (upto 50usd.)

RSC 182 Cup
Mr Pea, you could run into issues with our Aussie Clios running different ECU software to the UK versions. I know the UK 182 owners seem to have more success with the generic scanners than I ever have had with my 182.

The best software I found for a basic code reader OBD reader was OBD2007. Google for it, it comes with a free trial.

RSC 182 Cup
The best software I found for a basic code reader OBD reader was OBD2007. Google for it, it comes with a free trial.

Ironically, I've got the full version of that software and it doesn't work with my 182. The guy who writes the software actually lives in Australia and it was him who helped me verify that my 182 isn't OBDII compliant.

I don't if an Aussie car that's been reflashed with something like an RSTuner would be compatible with OBDII - perhaps that would fix up the issues with the stock ECU software not complying?

I cant say I ever used OBD2007 on my clio, so I'm not sure if it would or not, I guess the rules may be different in Austrlia but I'm pretty sure that it was something like after 2004 vehicles had to be OBD2 compliant, not 100%. I think it was 2007 for Diesels.

Not sure about RSTuner sorry..

BLK RSC172
murcod.. its not that the clio isnt OBD2 or EOBD2 complaint... that's just the connector type..
its either the commands or the protocol that the the commands to get the info from Renault's ecu is not standardized. Hence why im trying to get different software.. obviously you will have to have compatible hardware.

atm im just looking for a cheap alternative.

dun forget that the 182s run a cam system and the 172s (which i own) don't.. which again requires different protocols.

i would just like to be able to view live data if possible.

RSC 182 Cup
To be OBDII compliant vehicles need both the plug AND the ECU software protocol to meet the required standards. The ECU software (in my case) isn't compatible and it doesn't respond correctly to the OBDII device's interrogations.

Vehicles in Australia didn't have to be compliant until January 2006.