ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 network crashes across UK

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Just found out that it is effecting all mobiles, whatever handset on Pay Monthy ONLY.

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/5880259/O2-network-crashes-across-UK.html

The fault, which first came to light at around 1pm this afternoon, affects all O2 customers with pay-monthly handsets. It appears to affect all devices, including BlackBerrys and iPhones, and has left users unable to send or receive emails and text messages, or surf the internet. Voice calls have not been affected by the fault.

O2 has been unable to confirm the cause of the problem, but has been advising customers to call its customer support helpline for further information and troubleshooting advice.

On O2's official Twitter stream, customer service representatives have been fielding anxious tweets from users baffled by the drop in service. "We're having a problem across the UK at the moment – we're working to fix it ASAP", read one tweet from O2.

Wi-Fi connectivity is unaffected by the outage, meaning that O2 users in a wireless hot spot can continue to send and receive emails and surf the internet over a Wi-Fi connection.

A spokesperson for O2 was unable to give any more details about the cause of the fault, nor say when the problem would be resolved, but said that engineers were working on the issue.

O2's network problems come at a difficult time for the operator. Apple is rumoured to be considering allowing rival networks Orange and T-Mobile to sell the iPhone 3G in the UK, signalling a possible end to its exclusivity deal with O2. And Palm has just signed a deal with O2 that will see the Spanish-owned operator become the exclusive launch carrier for the critically acclaimed Palm Pre handset when it becomes available in the UK later this year.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Literally thousands of people called Tarquin or Tom ;) will be irate at not having their precious iShit's permanently connected to the internets

Oh noes..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i noticed this at about 2pm. ''cannot connect to cellular data''

cheers for the heads up. annoying tbh.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
aw man, this sucks balls. :( but i'll get over it... how long till it is fixed? is this cybernet/judgement day etc?

Citroen DS3 DSport
3G connection failed to work until I changed a setting in the network menu, all perfect now.

APN changed to mobile.o2.co.uk rather than idata.o2.co.uk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
o2=balls.

There reception is crap where I stay so I went with vodafone.

The missus phone has been fine all day tho.

Bumder With A Buffer
I havent had any problems..been making and receiving calls all yesterday and today??

So it didnt effect everyone??

E87 118d M Sport
wondered why mine was down all day yesterday. initially thought it cuz i didnt have a signal, but i did. sorted itself out tho so all good

Titanium 182
Same ^
I was like why wont you connect!?! Argh gutting as I had nothing to do at work at the time.

Ah well it works now :)