ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 Broadband..fair usage...

57 Clio Campus Sport
Anyone know what their fair usage policy is?

Currently on BT and because we use over 100GB/month (a lot of online gaming/iPlayer/xbox/ps3 demos etc) they cut us to basically snail pace between 5 and 12. Just tried to get a 37mb file on PS3 but was at 40% after about 30mins which is crazy.

So just wondering what their limits are, I looked on site but has not figures.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
4 What about excessive network usage?
There is no limit on the monthly network usage. However if we feel that your activities are so excessive that other customers are detrimentally affected, we may give you a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, if the levels of activity do not immediately decrease after the warning, we may terminate or suspend your Services.

Is all i could find

57 Clio Campus Sport
ahh just did the can you get o2 broadband test and were outside their coverage so can only get access which is lame anyway

Clio V6 Mk2 255
100GB is a lot of monthly usage (even if you had a genuine unlimited policy) but good on you if you can get that amount of usage. Fair usage tends to be applied which normally allows more than the T&C amount (unless it's mobile broadband) but most providers will traffic throttle/shape people who consistantly go over this amount once they have been identified. I expect it all depends, as the above posts says, how much contention your usage causes other broadband users.

I have heard of people ringing the ISP and having limits removed once the usage drops back down to more acceptable levels.

Martin

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I have O2 unlimited at my flat in newcastle.

get a constant 20mb download, so 4 of us manage to download around 150-200gb a month.

We have received no warning from them and when i rang up and asked about the fair use, they said that they didn't use one.

O2 broadband is epic.

Ad

MK2 FRS
02 is cheap, but the wireless equipment is rubbish. Read loads online about. When I have a wired connect its lightening, go to wireless and it slows significantly. They are struggling to explain it.

02 is cheap, but the wireless equipment is rubbish. Read loads online about. When I have a wired connect its lightening, go to wireless and it slows significantly. They are struggling to explain it.

You can use you're own equipment if you like. I did this as the o2 box was pisch.

Clio
Have 02, not sure on their usage policy but we have 6 laptops so there is alway at least 1 connected to the net at any one time.
so dont think your usage will be a problem tbh.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Llu connection is not subject to traffic shaping or throttling but the access thing is if you are outside the llu area