ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring Trip 13th - 20th August 2008

RB 182 FF
Arrived home last night after an epic trip to the 'ring.

The whole trip was around 1800 miles from Cornwall to Dover then across to Germany. I am a classic mini fan and run www.theminiforum.co.uk and every year we organise a trip over, this year we also ran it for retro cars. http://www.bh2nretro.com/.

Anyway I have to say that the 182 was absolutely fantastic on the trip. Obviously being a newer car it was alot more comfortable and it was amazing on the track. Overtaking some nice cars, and annoying a skyline driver who just couldn't keep up on the twisty stuff. He did however comment on how fapping quick it was in the carpark afterwards, so that kept me happy.

A few pics,
front1.jpg

front2.jpg

rear1.jpg

Lastly for my two favourites. On the last night we were in Pistonklause and Jochen from Frozenspeed had his images up browsing them and up popped mine. I couldn't help purchasing 2 from him and it was money very well spent. He was positioned on the outside of the Karrussel, and has snapped me just dropping in and also 'in the groove'.

frozen1.jpg

frozen2.jpg

I will be planning on going in the clio next year in May and also again in September maybe in something else.

I cant reccomend it enough, this was my 4th year but you can never get bored of it.

A Flamin' Red one
Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Those last two pictures are definitely wort the money, especially the first of the last two IMO.

What sort of lap times were you acheiving?

RB 182 FF
Times were sub 10 minutes. Its a totally standard car and I am not that brave, fastest I did was 120 on the downhill section to Schwedenkreuz and Aremberg. I can never remember turn ins apex's and exits for it when you have just been there a few days. Next year I definately want tuition.

There was a guy with us in a mini who was timing his runs, sadly came off and did big damage. He didn't let on to exactly how much it cost him, but its a good lesson in not pushing all out just to get a good time.

Renaultsport 220T
Doubt you'll make it that far round the lap.
;)

Really? Think i should raise it before?

I meant you'll probably bin it before then. lol

You might need a bit more clearance, but just take ur c spanners with you.
I think as long as you don't stiffen it up too much you should be ok.

Otherwise you'll be shaking hands with the hedges.

172 Cup
great pic's sounds like a good trip! Was going to do it October but going down to Monaco insteed!! MAybe next year!!!

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
awsum this is what im tryin to do next year. but also go to davos and soliva in spain since its a historic road. where bouts did u stay?

RB 182 FF
Ah if you were there in your 182! I may just have a pic. There was a few ph2s from the UK I saw a silver, a black and an inferno one.

182-racing-blue

Times were sub 10 minutes. Its a totally standard car and I am not that brave, fastest I did was 120 on the downhill section to Schwedenkreuz and Aremberg. I can never remember turn ins apex's and exits for it when you have just been there a few days. Next year I definately want tuition.

There was a guy with us in a mini who was timing his runs, sadly came off and did big damage. He didn't let on to exactly how much it cost him, but its a good lesson in not pushing all out just to get a good time.

No point in timing laps, makes you drive harder each time, and then you start to remember certain bends/straights and think "I can give it a bit more here - whoops no I cant, armco!!!!" Seen it happen. Timing laps is FTL.

Didn't you nail it out of the last turn and stick to the left on the home straight? I got 146 out of mine before I had to hit the anchors.

172, Tiguan
Ah if you were with the mini lot and staying at the campsite you would've run into Nige and his family? :D

RB 182 FF
Oh I must admit I was concentrating on smooth laps, I did happen to *cough* film a lap or 2. We also saw Nige hes out there for 6 weeks!! his mrs even snapped alot of us!

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
best place in the f****** world!

meringsmallez8.jpg

you aint driven till you've nearly died on there lol :p

great pics btw