ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring pics

Hey guys a couple of weeks ago, I went to the Nurburgring with a mate from uni, and about 19 others ;)
Had the best week of my life :D
I havn't seen so many Porsches and BMW's in one place in my life lol

Cars we took;
Clio 172 - standard :rasp:
Clio 172 Cup - stripped out
Astra VXR - tuned
Mazda 3 MPS -tuned
Polo GTi 1.8T 240bhp
Polo gti 1.6
Nissan 200sx
Astra Van :cool: - chipped
MG ZS
Nova GTE - lightweight monster
Corsa D 1.6T

And 3 BIKES.
Gixxer 600 & 750
ZX10R

We got upto so much shenanigans, such a laugh, if you havnt been before its definately worth going.

I wasn't going to take my clio round the ring, but I changed my mind in the end and did a lap;) A mate went with me and told me what corners where coming up and how to take them, which was invaluable on my first ever lap. Still got overtaken by everything though lol.
I didn't record my lap or time it unfortunatly, but it felt quick. The clio didn't understeer once even on budget nankangs on the front :eek:
I do have a shopping list for it now though, top mounts, coilovers, fast road discs and pads, braided hoses, gearbox oil change, rota grids with some sticky rubber.

My mate and I hired a clio 200 cup from RSR nurburg and had 2 laps each, but that particular evening it was wet. Lets just say I was so much slower, bloody thing understeered sooooo badly on several occasions. People are right when they say the track is like ice when its wet, luckily we didn't crash.

We did have a few crashes in our group, lets just say european breakdown recovery is 110% needed !

Now I want to make a cheap track car. But not my clio as its my daily driver.
Im thinking one of these;
phase 1 172
MX-5
golf gti 1.8T

CLIOONTHERING2.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

S6000872.jpg

Hire Clio 200 cup
S6001029.jpg

Should have taken one of these out instead, Hire megane
S6001043.jpg

S6001052.jpg

S6001175.jpg

Hire 911
S6001042.jpg

Hire M3
S6001040.jpg

more photos to come, I forgot to upload them first

Last edited:
Yeah nice pics and good you enjoyed it mate but I've gotta say, Im not sure these owners would be to happy to see you leaning on them.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
That Aston being recovered has got Stance lol

I really do need to get off my ass and get out there.