ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring Easter 2007

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Great pics there mate, caught me quite a few times as well, any chance you could email me the originals?

E90
What car were u in Rhys? I probs saw you sometime on saturday, didn't see any CS stickers around though

Cup Turbo, Flamer
^ thought it was you on track! Good weekend? We're off in 3 weeks!

Loads of pics of you here mate i think...

http://www.mw-sportfoto.de

Events > then > Touristenfahrten

Yeah fantastic mate, sunday was a better day as had a few probs saturday (one prob being, loosing 2 wheel bolts on the front left!!)

Gutted i couldn't get my cage fitted in time, but will be ready for teh sept trip! How was your trip?

172, Tiguan
Ill let you know in 3 weeks. Been sitting here depressed and reading all the reports from the weekend and generally being jealous! Can't believe the weather you guys had over the weekend - and apparently the track wasn't to busy either?!

Always said i'd never go at easter again, but maybe next year!

The weather was superb and the track was only really busy on Good Friday. I was amazed at how easy it was to get a fairly clear lap on the other days. Seemed quieter than last Easter despite the better weather.

If anyone from here wants full sized un-watermarked pics of themselves please let me know the picture numbers and an email address and I'll send them over. There were at least 2x Trophy's, 1x 182, 1x 172 Cup and some Frankenstein's Monster of a 1.2 chopped together with a mk1 172.

I've not got a Clio any more, last one was sold about a year ago. I was there in a WRX PPP which I thought might not be so great around the 'ring but turned out to be my favourite out of the three cars I've taken round. Only downer is that the brakes are now screwed and need replacing with something more durable (and therefore expensive) and it only did 9 mpg on track!

IMG_4771.jpg

E90
and some Frankenstein's Monster of a 1.2 chopped together with a mk1 172.

And driven like a t.wat by the accounts I've heard.

I went round in Simons 330hp sti saturday, fcuk knows what mpg he gets but he'd allready spent 150 quid on fuel since he'd arrived, so I'm guessing not alot. Huge amounts of grip from em, only bettered by the grip the m3 csl I had a lap in later had.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Cor yeah, that bloke was a nutter! Couldn't work out what car it was though, was it a 1.2? Seemed to fast to be one??

I'll pm you the numbers and my email rhys, cheers!!

172, Tiguan
Was a 1.2 with 172 running gear apparently. By all accounts it had different guys driving it at different times....

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I camped over easter, it's about 2 mins from the 'ring, the camp is called Nurburgring am camping or something, go onto ben lovejoy's site it's all on there

Paid 11 euro per night and the showers are blinding, best get up early to get the hot water though!