ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 30th May - 3rd June 2013

SQ5
So it's that time of year (kind of) again where we need to do our Second 'Ring Trip. Basis of the trip will be very much similar to 2012 as it was relatively cheap and we are all looking at getting a house this year.

We are going on Thursday 30th May until the 3rd June. This is a day longer than before but includes two full open days and a day to watch on the Saturday with Thursday and Monday as travelling days.

Ideally you could put £50 a month away and you'd be we'll on your way to a bargain trip!

I will be using this page for giving everyone information on times, bookings, tips, advice etc...

We will camp at the same place and do the same amount of time, unfortunately no 24HR trip this year as planned due to costs involved.

So please post any questions or info needed.

Event page here - http://www.facebook.com/events/222970747833040/

Last edited:

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 23/24 May - 28th May 2013

Hopefully be here this weekend again but will be staying in the same place as last year as i like a proper bed and its only 27 euros a night

SQ5
Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 23/24 May - 28th May 2013

That's not a bad price, we will still be camping I imagine. I'm not bringing the missus so camping is fine for me!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

I dont want to spend a fortune but by the time ive bought camping stuff its cheaper to hotel and id rather have a bed. Get on well with the family we stay with as well. Been so many times i even get an xmas card lol.
Hopefully get around 12 laps done

SQ5

Ahh, suppose that makes sense too. We've already got camping gear etc so that's a less of a cost.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

Dates for first part of the year are now out. This weekend is full day sat and sun and evening Monday. No 3 day weekend's on there :(

ph1 172

I'd probably be up for going but as passenger this time

GSXR + KDX220

Thats plenty of open time for me, I wont be doing a million laps! :) Only did 5 last time, and that was epic!

SQ5

Yea that's perfect for us to be honest. Pity the Friday isn't open as last year was.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

I'm kinda tempted to do the week after. Full day thurs and Fri. Vln sat and all day Sun. We saw the Vln in October. Was really good. Clios racing at the same time as Ferrari's

SQ5

Ill look into that. Sounds like a plan.

Thank you :)

Looking....

Alright guys, is this a mates thing or open to any one? Wanted to do the ring for a couple years now but never had the funds or confidence to go on my own! Plus it be a good way to spend my birthday :)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

Ill look into that. Sounds like a plan.

Thank you :)

Means plenty of time for the track to be open and i dont think it will be busy on the thurs/fri. Just hope they dont change their mind on them being full days!
Also means more time off work an would mean, bank hol mon, 1 day at work then off to germany till the next mon.
5 days off work instead of 2

Ph1 T

That week after sounds good either one ill defo be coming in the ph1 :) oh and will 100% be taking out recovery lol

GSXR + KDX220

Everyones welcome :)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

For that week eurotunnel is £131 Dfds ferry to dunkirk is £64

SQ5

Yes that way would require extra holiday.

What's EoE people's thoughts on which weekend?

If we go the later weekend what days would we go, weds -Sunday? As that would make a nice length trip IMO :)

im also up for watching whatever's on the ring, makes it different to watch tf traffic ha

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

I would come back the Mon as it gives a full day of tf on the sun.
3 full days is a nice amount

I thought that race thing was on sat and Sunday, misread it ha. I'm easy to what anyone else is doing tbh

SQ5

We would go Wednesday. Have Thursday and Friday Full days there, watch racing Saturday. Track is then open Saturday evening. Have full day Sunday and travel back Monday.

Could even travel Thursday if you wanted to shorten it?

Camping could get expensive!

Ph1 T

We would go Wednesday. Have Thursday and Friday Full days there, watch racing Saturday. Track is then open Saturday evening. Have full day Sunday and travel back Monday.

Could even travel Thursday if you wanted to shorten it?

Camping could get expensive!

That sounds an awesome weekend Tbf I'd be up for the Thursday to shorten it abit Friday sat night and Sunday is enough track time for me anyway l.

Defo up for that idea. When you looking at booking Danny? And does one of you sort it or everyone for their selfs?

SQ5

Yes, if we leave early enough like last time we can see the track in the evening too.

That weekend is going to have to be the weekend too as my boss is away the weekend before! I prefer that too as we will get to see some proper cars on track.

So we will travel Thursday. Full day Friday. Watch racing and touristy stuff Saturday. Full Day Sunday. Travel home Monday.

That's two full days on track which is what we did last year anyway its just broken up with something a bit different to watch!

I will organise everything like times and what were doing etc.... But it will be individuals responsibility to book stuff for yourself. This actually only includes the ferry or train trip.

Camping and track time is just turn up and go. The campsite is massive so shouldn't have any issues.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

Thinking the mrs may be coming with me this time as mates dont seem that interested. may do monday to monday and do some touristy stuff or maybe just go on the wed so i get 3 full days in

SQ5

Rough costs for everyone too based on last year, prices could of gone up slightly.

Camping per person for Thurs-Mon - €75
Fuel (4 tanks) - £200 (unsure on euro price)
Track time, 4 Laps - €100
Food and Drink - €50

Plus extra if more laps or more food or extras.

GSXR + KDX220

I'd prefer Thurs - Mon too tbh ;) But as everyone sorts their own travel anyway its not the be-all and end-all. But having something to watch Saturday sounds good for sure :)

Thurs to Monday is no problem from me, might just book the the week either side of us going off work as its a bank holiday and all.

Ph1 T

Perfect for me that is so ill just wait till you lot are booking and get it sorted at same time :)

SQ5

I'll do the same as you Dan, probably have the week before off unless it over laps with my bosses holiday then I'll be only having the days I need off I reckon!

Well find out more tomorrow after the court hearing too as to whether I'll actually have a licence for then lol!

SQ5

Right we are definitely going for the second week choice. 30/5 onwards.

I will have a licence and I will update the thread title soon!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member

What happened in court then ? Ban?

SQ5

30 Day ban and £700 fine plus court costs of £100.

Solicitor was £360.

So all in all it's been expensive but its better having my licence than a 6 month for totting up.

SQ5
Can you not change? Play ignorant that you thought it was one before.

It's only me and my boss and he's got until the 31st off so he's allowed a 1 day crossover!

pimp mobile Zafira
Can't play ignorant unfortunatly. Ill try and change it when I'm in the orifice on Wednesday.