ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Numpty MP3 disk burning question....

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Hi all,

Ive got an MP3 Sony headunit in the g/f's 306 that plays mp3's, how do i create a disk with folders and then burn it so it reads?

Ive got a Kenwood in mine with a usb slot so its easy as pea's, drag and drop onto the stick and away you go.

I tried the Windows burner by opening a 'data' CD but this didn't work; wouldn't read at all on the Sony, the Kenwood started, but theres no audio and only one track.

I know its a numpty question, but i'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction!

Any particular software thats any good?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I also use Nero, there's an option for mp3 disc on the one I use, if not just burn as a data disc

275 Trophy
Are you sure the player can play MP3's that arn't in the parent folder? Some can't so all the files have to be in 'just on the disc' IYSWIM.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
When you burn the CD in windows, make sure you select 'in a cd/dvd player', else it will create a 'Live' cd which wont be readable in you mp3 player. This is where most people slip up...