ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plates?

Does any one have one of these small number plates? like this,

DSCF3571.gif

i think it looks realy good thinking about getting one, do you have one on your clio (lets see)? but where did you get it from? what sort of cost are they? but most of all is it legal? chears Andy

BMW 320d SE
Yes it's illegal. I had one like that on my old 306. I drove around for months before being pulled over by an unmarked car and given a £30 wonder for my troubles, so it's not really worth the hassle.

CLIO CUP RACE/TRACK CAR
be warned if you have paid lots of cash for your private reg and then display it illegally, you can now be ticketed 30 and then the police contact the dvla, get caught again after 14 days and the dvla will look to take the plate off you for contravening the regs........

White Sti Hatch
Its on a Mk3 but still a clio :)

They are illegal though but ive drivin past many a police car and behind many and havent had any trouble yet..touch wood..also fancyplates.com and £16 for the one 3/4 plate

DSC00034.jpg

Da

Less
Mine's cut down and yet still legal :)

CanonCarPics012.jpg

:cool:

Oh and about £16 as said from fancyplates.com

Da

Less
Yep sure is pal, only thing modified on the front end is the plate and the badge :)

also what is "Honeycombe Reflective" on a number plate? what style number plate do you have (lets see)?

Last edited:
Mine's cut down and yet still legal :)

CanonCarPics012.jpg

:cool:

Oh and about £16 as said from fancyplates.com

Looks mint i just been on fancplates.com but i cant find how to have the plate that size with standard size numbers? or did you just cut it down yourself ?

182trophy & Williams
Its on a Mk3 but still a clio :)

They are illegal though but ive drivin past many a police car and behind many and havent had any trouble yet..touch wood..also fancyplates.com and £16 for the one 3/4 plate

DSC00034.jpg

its when they pull you for speeding or something like that, they'll actually fine you for your plates.........c*nts

tiTTy & SV650
I made my own last night, will get a better pic later:

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

Fit's perfectly in the shorter French recess

Have run the edges through a sander at work and rounded the corners since pic was taken.

if u want to fill out the mk2 clio recess perfect without a gap at the sides on page three set it as standard size but ask for it the be 3/4 height, fits the recess flush at the sides with no overhang.