ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plate Light

Clarkman

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer
Hi Guys,

I know this has been covered several times, but they all dont seem to answer my question..

my rear number plate light has not been working since I bought my ph2 172 in october. I have changed, the bulb, the bulb holder, the connector to no avail. I didnt have a multimeter at this point.

since I got my meter, I have done a couple of checks - the continuity to earth is good, but the is no voltage going to the connector. where does this circuit get its feed from? Or can I just grab the feed from the taillight with out it messing up?

clio dci , ren8
If you take the inner back panel off you will see the 2 wires from the number plate light & if you follow them from memory they go to the n/s rear light connector .

Clarkman

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer
I did look to see where it went to. it does head towards that light cluster loom, but then disappears towards the front of the car, it doesnt appear to go near the actual connector at all. just wanna know whether I can just cut the live cable and splice it into the taillight live instead?