ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NSX No.2!

Turbos.
We've sourced another NSX this week, with the aim of it being in the class below the Elise in Britcar. It will also be used to help with the development of the other NSX.

Originally bought from Chiswick Honda (they sold more NSXs than anyone else - a massive 10 or so a year), the car was bought from a dealer in Shrewsbury who used it as his daily transport.

P1060763.jpg

It has a couple of dings and scuffs, but its remarkably straight considering its done 80,000 miles. The underneath is immaculate and the original spare and toolkit are still there.

P1060775.jpg

P1060777.jpg

Its bone stock, right down to the god-awful OEM exhaust. For shame...

P1060773.jpg

The first thing i noticed was how delicate it looked, its also much lower than most road cars.

P1060750.jpg

There aren't many NSXs on the market, so colour choice wasn't really a priority. The 'Charlotte Green' paint will be covered by a vinyl wrap soon...

P1060770.jpg

P1060771.jpg

P1060772.jpg

P1060774.jpg

The interior is cool, if typically Japanese. It feels like you're in a jet fighter, and your view out of the bonnet is the ground where the nose is steeply raked. The seats were nice and supportive, but the steering wheel is huge, and has too much steering lock.

P1060780.jpg

P1060782.jpg

P1060786.jpg

P1060781.jpg

P1060787.jpg

This is a 3.0 five speed model (the other one is a 3.2 six speed). It makes a lovely noise above 6000rpm, but is subdued below that. I had a quick five minute drive for prosperity... on Monday it will be stripped down and resemble our other NSX in its old spec by its first race.

DNG4.jpg

I'll update the thread when she gets some nice mods!

106 GTI
What restrictions are in place modification wise?

How much did that set you back or is the price private?

Turbos.
The class it's in is determined by power-to-weight, so the engine will remain standard but we can remove around 300kg i'd say. You can't go wild with aero, so it will just get NSX-R bits and otherwise it will have typical suspension/brakes/steering mods and a rollcage.

The biggest problem is that the pop up lights infringe on space underneath the car for suspension movement. They may have to go to accomdate 18" wheels.

Clio
love it !

took my uncles for a quick blast when i was 19 while he was down the pub ! lol

the stupid things you do when your a teenager lmao

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I like, quite fancy an NSX at some point.

Do you not feel guilty for race prepping them? Not a lot of them about.

Petrol Blue 182.
Alway remember a white NSX being on the display podium out the front of Chiswick Honda when I used to go and watch the football, looked mint. Love the interiot bar the steering wheel lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome bit of kit. I want one... always have done..!

Rare as rocking horse poop .. and Senna helped design/develop the beast. Simply awesome !

Turbos.
I like, quite fancy an NSX at some point.

Do you not feel guilty for race prepping them? Not a lot of them about.

Yes, to be honest i feel a bit bad. We wanted to buy one in worse condition but time was of the essence. We'll treat her nice though.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get it on track!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Did you see the one for 9k on ebay? It was a proper nail, had been crashed repaired badly, ABS and traction control kept kicking in randomly, 4 different s**tty tyres.

Cheap though :clown:

Turbos.
Hope so!

Yes, looked at that Philthy. The guy was a nutter! If i had more time i would have taken it though, but the chassis rail bend near the suspension mount was a bit of an unknown quantity for fixing.

Rest of it was ok, interior was good and externally looked ok but the internal respraying was terrible, paint over the a/c pipes etc.

Tav

Clio 197
2 is enough, leave one for me to buy please. I'd really like to get an NSX Type R but given how rare they are I might settle for a stock NSX with Type R-esque suspension and a few modifications else where. Absolutely LOVE them.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I saw an electric blue one of these in clive the other day,which is just a few miles away from shrewsbury.

Nice toys

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
2 is enough, leave one for me to buy please. I'd really like to get an NSX Type R but given how rare they are I might settle for a stock NSX with Type R-esque suspension and a few modifications else where. Absolutely LOVE them.

no such thing as a nsx type r

Turbos.
LOL, yeah, i had the same argument with Christopher.

I was at Snetterton yesterday and there were 3 NSXs there! All in yellow too, and none of them knew other... bizarre!

Turbos.
It is still in thousands of pieces, but it has some momentum! The kit has to be chopped up, re-made and tested at the MIRA wind tunnel which will take quite a long time. It will be ready for testing at the beginning of next year.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
f**k me your wind tunnel testing it! you have some serious wedge behind your team!!!

at japfest i had a good look around the nsx owners stand and must say, after my rx7 im tempted to get one!

Turbos.
Its not that expensive, just beer money for people at Mira who spend most of their day working on Vauxhall Astras.

Everyone is tempted by an NSX... then gets a Porsche. Brand wh0res ;)

BG182®
Englebert have you driven either of you NSX's in the last few months as I spotted one a few months back going along the A2 in the same colour as above. Looked stunning and it had gold wheels. Wasn't sure if it was you or not though...